• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

36% PAU Edge 540T

Tseres

150cc
Thought I should get the 540T thread started here in the support forum. This is good time for me since I'm having trouble with Glitching.

First time it showed up was when Jason Schulman was going to fly it around and give us a show with it. It glitched on the elevator when he flew it. So I checked it out band couldn't find anything. I unplugged all the connectors and replugged them but that didn't help. The symptoms were similar to when an IBE is going out. The throttle burped a couple of times when I flew it next and the elevator acted up again. Changed out The IBE and took it out to the field today to test it. It was fine for the first 5 minutes but then the Elevator glitched big time again. t wasn't the IBE. Now I'm left with a choice of Servo, Extensions or Smatfly.

Lucky me.:crushed: Looks pretty sad sitting at the field with the tail hanging down.

8563=3127-DSC_0001.jpg
8563=3127-DSC_0001.jpg

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tom, one more test we have used:

remove the IBE, and plug a separate battery directly into the ignition, with not switch on the ignition...

SleepyC

150cc
I hate electrical problems.

I have a very expensive HEX that I chased a problem for 8 months.

Ended up being motor#5 had a bad winding from the factory.. looked fine but under slo motion video you could see it pulsing.

I changed the flight control 3 times, ESC's 2 times, rewired the damn thing 5 times all because a NEW motor was bad.

ARRGGHH. I also went grayer in the dome working on that thing!

Good luck Tom, hope you find the solution!

Tseres

150cc
Islandflyer;8609 wrote: Tom, one more test we have used:

remove the IBE, and plug a separate battery directly into the ignition, with not switch on the ignition...

Thanks. I'll try that also. First I'll check the servos, extensions on the elevator and the Smart Fly. I should check the smart fly first since I didn't have this problem till I changed smart flys. Put the Turbo in the Dalton and the regular EQ-6 in here. One thing at a time.

Just looking at the plane in the air. It is always the Elevator servos. Always glitching up and both servos seem to be glitching by how violent the glitch is. At half throttle horizontal flight, it went into an up line with no input from me. I would think the connections at the smart-fly since they are plugged into the same port.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hope you find your problem soon. Still got a solid two months to enjoy that beauty.

I'll do a little smokin with the Edge in your honor this weekend Tom!

thurmma

150cc
I had the same issue with elevator servos glitching, not as bad as yours is, but enough to make me not want to fly the plane. I am using Hitec 7950's, one in each elevator on a 42% Edge. After talking to Hitec, they sent me a couple of inline amplifiers and all is well. I have been flying the plane glitch free for 1 1/2 years now :) Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Tseres

150cc
Terryscustom;8985 wrote: Hope you find your problem soon. Still got a solid two months to enjoy that beauty.

I'll do a little smokin with the Edge in your honor this weekend Tom!

That's why I conssider you a good friend. Just make sure the law takes some great pictures with the smoke on. I'll get it figured out.

Tseres

150cc
thurmma;9002 wrote: I had the same issue with elevator servos glitching, not as bad as yours is, but enough to make me not want to fly the plane. I am using Hitec 7950's, one in each elevator on a 42% Edge. After talking to Hitec, they sent me a couple of inline amplifiers and all is well. I have been flying the plane glitch free for 1 1/2 years now :) Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Thanks. I have 7955s on mine and didn't have trouble till I changed out the smart fly. But the smart fly was proven in my 35% PAU Extra. Was in there for 3 years with no trouble. So now you see why I'm having such a hard time deciding which direction to go in first. That is why I switched out the IBE first.

Going out to the shop in a few and see if I can find something.