• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

36% PAU Edge 540T

Tseres

150cc
I had the EQ-6 Turbo in the Edge when the plane was new. I had an EQ-6 That I had in my PAU Extra for 3 years. I sold the Extra last fall and kept the EQ-6. They both worked fine until I took the Turbo out of the Edge and put it in my Dalton and put the old EQ-6 into the Edge. The Turbo is working fine. For some reason the old EQ-6 started acting up when I put it in the Edge. Nothing lasts forever. I still like Smart Fly and will put a new one in my next new plane.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Shoot them an email, Bob is pretty cool and he will most likely fix it for you!

I don't think he can fix your orange and black issue tho ;) Bwahahahahaha

Tseres

150cc
Bipeguy03;17229 wrote: Shoot them an email, Bob is pretty cool and he will most likely fix it for you!

I don't think he can fix your orange and black issue tho ;) Bwahahahahaha

LOL. There is no issue anymore. Problem solved.

Talked to Smart Fly first. That was how I knew what to look for. The EQ-6 can't be fixed.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Tseres;17247 wrote: LOL. There is no issue anymore. Problem solved.

Talked to Smart Fly first. That was how I knew what to look for. The EQ-6 can't be fixed.

Well that sucks!!

I have an EQ-6 in my Ultimate, and have a EQ-6 Turbo in my Pitts, hopefully I don't have the same problem. If you don't mind my asking, did he tell you why it can't be fixed?

Tseres

150cc
2robinhood;17248 wrote: Fill us in.

It's not that big a deal. If yours is working than it's fine. Don't worry about it.

SF made a diode change about 2.5 yrs. ago. Before then there would sometimes be a problem on long leads with certain servos. I have Hitec 7955s in this plane. But it worked fine with a different set of 7955s in the other plane. I didn't want to go on a servo chase so I pulled the Smart Fly. This SF is at least 4 yrs. old.

Tseres

150cc
I feel confident in takeing the Edge to our IMAA Chapter 48 fly in tomorrow. It's not IMAA anymore but should be a good time.

Hey Blue Boy. You should come over. It's not that far. Bring your Ulti.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Tseres;17421 wrote: I feel confident in takeing the Edge to our IMAA Chapter 48 fly in tomorrow. It's not IMAA anymore but should be a good time.

Hey Blue Boy. You should come over. It's not that far. Bring your Ulti.

Damn!! I wish I could, our club picnic is tomorrow and I volunteered (or should I say got volunteered) to bring music equipment.

Tseres

150cc
attachment.php
I forgot my camera at home again. I took one picture with my cell phone just for proof of being there. Joe Bays took some pictures. Hopefully he'll email me some so I can upload them here.

The Edge was a big hit. I'm getting breaver with it. The confidence is starting to return. I like to mix in precision on low rates for IMAC practice. Still need some coupling adjustment. It's only one or two clicks off. Also needs a down line mix put back in. This is all good. That means the plane is finaly back to where it's suposed to be. Gave it a pretty good workout again and no glitching.:nodding-yes-by-a-ve

17791=12066-IMG_0377.jpg
17791=12066-IMG_0377.jpg

Tseres

150cc
Here are a few pictures that Joe Bays took yesterday. It was windy and cold but the Edge didn't care and neither did I. just had fun with it. After all the frustration with the electronics. It was great to be flying it again. Didn't even notice my hands getting cold till after I landed. LOL.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

17912=12324-IMG_0031.jpg
17912=12324-IMG_0031.jpg
17912=12323-IMG_0043.jpg
17912=12323-IMG_0043.jpg
17912=12322-IMG_0044.jpg
17912=12322-IMG_0044.jpg