• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

36% PAU Edge 540T

Tseres

150cc
Terry. What servos you using on your 36% Edge. 1283? What on Ruder? Wanting 6V setup. Going to redo the Edge completely over the winter.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
For A123 / LiFe setup I don't think you can beat the Savox 1283's on wings and elevators, 1230 on rudder and a 1257 on the throttle. That gives you 400oz+ on each point, 500oz on rudder and a super fast throttle for 3D. I'm running this same setup in 100cc Viper, 120cc Viper, 70cc EF Extra, 70cc Viper, 120cc PAU Edge and even the new 42% Hyperlite Slick. I have yet to notice any slop because the 1283's have a metal case so the gear pins don't get sloppy.

More info than you asked for, but I've not seen a better setup for the money for non-HV.

Tseres

150cc
Terryscustom;11755 wrote: For A123 / LiFe setup I don't think you can beat the Savox 1283's on wings and elevators, 1230 on rudder and a 1257 on the throttle. That gives you 400oz+ on each point, 500oz on rudder and a super fast throttle for 3D. I'm running this same setup in 100cc Viper, 120cc Viper, 70cc EF Extra, 70cc Viper, 120cc PAU Edge and even the new 42% Hyperlite Slick. I have yet to notice any slop because the 1283's have a metal case so the gear pins don't get sloppy.

More info than you asked for, but I've not seen a better setup for the money for non-HV.

That was just enough info for me not to ask anymore questions. Thanks.

Super08

70cc twin V2
Tom change out the Hitecs for a test and I bet your problem goes away. The 79xx have a known twitching problem on long leads.

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
Looks like someone had some of that pink cake icing on their fingers when they tucked those servo wires through those fuse holes.......

attachment.php

Tseres

150cc
Super08;11827 wrote: Tom change out the Hitecs for a test and I bet your problem goes away. The 79xx have a known twitching problem on long leads.

Yeah I know. I'm planning on switching them out this winter. Just remember that everything was working fine with the other Smart Fly. As a matter of fact this is the first time I've had a glitch other then on throttle. That was the cause of a bad IBEC.

I'm thinking it will be fine with the new receiver and not using the Smart Fly

Tseres

150cc
[COLOR= #222222]As of yesterday the delivery of my new receiver was not going to be here till Saturday. Then when I checked on the status this afternoon it said out for delivery. Its here. Now to find out how to program 2 aileron wings with the 8FG Super.

Not letting me upload pictures right now. It says that my file size is to big. I'll see what I can do.[/COLOR]

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Tseres;12162 wrote: [COLOR= #222222]...........Now to find out how to program 2 aileron wings with the 8FG Super.

[/COLOR]

Step one, install your JR stuff.....LOL, just kidding!!!!

I tried to help a guy with some programming on his Futaba for some simple stuff and I was totally lost. He ended up with four mixes of some sort just to do some simple mixing on a plane with quad ailerons. I just changed to Spektrum DX18 Gen2 and it's even more brain dead simple to set up and match multiple servos.

Tseres

150cc
Terryscustom;12171 wrote: Step one, install your JR stuff.....LOL, just kidding!!!!

I tried to help a guy with some programming on his Futaba for some simple stuff and I was totally lost. He ended up with four mixes of some sort just to do some simple mixing on a plane with quad ailerons. I just changed to Spektrum DX18 Gen2 and it's even more brain dead simple to set up and match multiple servos.

Yes I can do it with my Eyes Closed on my JR. But I want to learn to program Futaba. I'm told its very simple to do. You just have to think different then what your'e used to with JR.