• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Glued the canopy on tonight....TWICE!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: Tried Goop first....all I can say is "WHAT A FRIGGEN MESS". Felt like a kid building his first plastic model....glue EVERYWHERE :confused??:. Finally gave up in disgust and pulled it off, opened up a gallon of denatured alcohol and a roll of paper towels and proceeded to clean the stuff off everything. I don't know how @Terryscustom does his so neatly, but I felt like an idiot!

Anyway....after cleanup and calming down, I whipped out the Hysol and did it correctly (at least for me). I've got more blue tape on this thing than the painters at our new house! It'll be good and cured cause we're heading out in the morning for a few days. I shoot some pics when we get back home. :cheers:
One of those "Grrrr" moments huh? Been there more than once myself. My money is on your final outcome being nothing short of awesome....as always.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I guess my only trick is "less is more". I apply the goop with a syringe and only lay down a bead that is about 1/8" in dia. That way when you press the canopy in place and start taping you have little to nothing that squeezes out. Then after it is dry I put a similar bead everywhere I can reach around the inside edges in a way that it looks kind of like a tig weld ( I don't smear it out with my finger or anything). Never had one come loose yet. I can relate to your re-do though......only I did it with EPOXY!!!!!!! So I hope that makes you feel better.;)

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Didn't have a syringe so went with the little nozzle that came with the tube....not enough control....argh!!!

Anyway, just checked it this am before we leave and it looks great. Will shoot some pics later this week.

Y'all stay warm!

I have been there Earle. I always get out a new roll of masking tape and tape every inch of my canopies inside and out during the entire build. Cut back any tape that is in the glue path. I always were protection. Hehe

Sreve

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Yep....next time I will have lots of tape on BEFORE trying any glue. Anyhoo....got back home and pried the canopy off the fuse :confused:....thought some glue got in somewhere but it was just the cling wrap sticking everything together! I will tape up all the clear before continuing on to sand and paint. Need to pick up some glazing compound to blend in the deck to canopy joint....then on to paint. :fist_pump:
DSC04187.JPG

DSC04186.JPG