• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Thanks Earle , appreciate your response . Dave worked with Dan years ago. Maybe I can get him to chime in here .

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Earle, Captain Don Rhynalds, you had to have competed with him, yes?
Oh yeah....met Don at my first contest in '84 at Warrenton, VA.

He had (maybe still does) a nice custom S1-S that he flew in Advanced for a long time. Later bought a Sukhoi SU-31 (i think), but i was out of competition by then.

He and his wife are great folks. Haven't seen him for a year or so.

Oh yeah....met Don at my first contest in '84 at Warrenton, VA.

He had (maybe still does) a nice custom S1-S that he flew in Advanced for a long time. Later bought a Sukhoi SU-31 (i think), but i was out of competition by then.

He and his wife are great folks. Haven't seen him for a year or so.

Don and Diane are awesome people, you are absolutely right. They still live in Bealeton, the FARM club still exists, he still has that S1-S, he built that himself by the way. He also has a two seat Challenger, and a bunch of Super Cubs, and an Albatross, which is kept (the Albatross, it's way too big to land at his property) at the Warrenton airport. We flew it there about a month and a half ago, from Shenandoah Valley Regional, where it was sitting for a few years. He did have that black and yellow Sukhoi, the scheme that most rc planes mimicked, he was proud of that scheme, he cracked me up telling me how he was at the factory in Russia, ordering those Ruskies around on how he wanted the scheme to be done. But he doesn't have it anymore. They are in Hawaii till the end of the month, give him a call, I'm sure it would brighten him and Diane up! He's getting a bit frail in his old age, but his mind is still one hell of a whip!!!

About your Krill project, been following it since you were thinking about buying it, over on that F'up other site. Awesome work man!!!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Hah....you funny man Steve!!! Seems like I have taken a break (from taking a break) on my Krill. Wet sanding in an unheated garage doesn't work well :mad:!!! Actually, we are getting close to finishing out new house in PA and will be moving (probably) in Feb. there I have a beautiful radiant heated shop to finish her.

Meanwhile, I have a small project on my Raven that I can do in the next few weeks. I'll shoot some pics soon. I guess since this is my thread I can hijack it and post some pics here!:banana-dance:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hah....you funny man Steve!!! Seems like I have taken a break (from taking a break) on my Krill. Wet sanding in an unheated garage doesn't work well :mad:!!! Actually, we are getting close to finishing out new house in PA and will be moving (probably) in Feb. there I have a beautiful radiant heated shop to finish her.

Meanwhile, I have a small project on my Raven that I can do in the next few weeks. I'll shoot some pics soon. I guess since this is my thread I can hijack it and post some pics here!:banana-dance:
New house in PA.. GOOD. Beautiful radiant heated shop. REALLY GOOD. Pics of Raven....REALLY REALLY GOOD. 35% Krill Extra 330SC....CUSTOM-ARF!!! AWESOME... Git er done Earle. LOL....