• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
What is your reasoning for splitting the ailerons?

Several reasons. One it is easier to set up. Even you take the time to match them properly you get close but there is always some binding wood is not a stable material. The one method that does work is servo matching device from Boma now that really does the job and have used them successfully. But I like them separately because I can do several things like have flaps when needed, air brakes it just opens up the flying envelope. And when you start using really high power servos it does not take much for them to start use a lot of battery. And if one fails it does not take the hole aileron down or force the good second servo to try to move the dead servo.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Came upstairs to rest my arm it is killing me I think I am getting to old to sand these huge balsa sheets.Man only half way and I just could not carry on. Have a tee break and will do the rest later or tomorrow. Maybe build smaller planes. Find a friend with flat top power sander.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Need time, new arm and a big cold beer but in the middle of winter the beer does not work to well thanks anyway.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well haveing an interesting afternoon. Trying to put the wing together, but it is not doing what I would like it to do. Struggling to get it straight and square. The drawings are rubbishy the jigs that come with the plane do not match the drawings that are off by over an inch. And the trailing and leading edge supports do not reach the ribs. The wing tube and the spar with the interlocking shearwebs are not matching up with leading and trailing edge support heights. One of them are off.
5FE011E8-CADC-4EB7-9F3B-B86F494AE08D.jpeg

As you can see from the picture above the wing tip rib is lined up with the drawing and the fuse rib does not line up with the drawing at all. Have to stand back for a while and decide how to make this work and end with straight wing.

WMcNabb

150cc
Well haveing an interesting afternoon. Trying to put the wing together, but it is not doing what I would like it to do. Struggling to get it straight and square. The drawings are rubbishy the jigs that come with the plane do not match the drawings that are off by over an inch. And the trailing and leading edge supports do not reach the ribs. The wing tube and the spar with the interlocking shearwebs are not matching up with leading and trailing edge support heights. One of them are off.
View attachment 109121
As you can see from the picture above the wing tip rib is lined up with the drawing and the fuse rib does not line up with the drawing at all. Have to stand back for a while and decide how to make this work and end with straight wing.

Insert the “Do Not Like” button here. Sounds like a big challenge due to a lack of quality with the kit. Hate to hear that you're struggling with the alignment, but I know you will solve the issue.

Last edited: