• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looking at the plans in the picture it looks as if you do not have the left side plan aligned with the right side plan. Just follow the wing joiner tube "paper socket" as your centering reference.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking at the plans in the picture it looks as if you do not have the left side plan aligned with the right side plan. Just follow the wing joiner tube "paper socket" as your centering reference.
You are correct I was going to build them at the same time but due to difficulties I am having and rejigging the wing several times the left wing has moved. Not using at the moment have to sort the right one out first.

TonyHallo

150cc
When I bought this kit last October, researched the net about the kit. I found no comments about problems building the wing, is it possible the kit was missing a jig or the plans are distorted?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
When I bought this kit last October, researched the net about the kit. I found no comments about problems building the wing, is it possible the kit was missing a jig or the plans are distorted?
I agree with you I have never read anything as well but I am struggling with this one. The only thing I have read was that there were a couple of wing failures and I can see why. This will be addressed once I get the wing straight and square, getting close just have to patient and just keep working at it must have assemble the wing a number of times making small changes as we go along. It very close now.
Not missing any parts for the wing but the drawing is definitely off by 1 inche over 48. Maybe because it is so dam cold up here if I move down to @acerc location the drawings will be perfect.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got the wing on the board again and everything lines up and is straight front and back. And it is weighted down as it sits there in the picture. All that needs to be done is pour the CA to it normally only work with wood glue but I will never get it back in place if I take it apart again.
The third picture shows how the ribs are cut for the tube and the spar for this size plane is only 1/8 by 1/2. That does not look right. The second picture shows it all assembled, not a lot of options to make changes, have sit down and think about it before the CA is applied to the wing.
2BCB9AA8-8EF4-4B7F-9905-6D8307BF324C.jpeg
C1A3A30D-315D-49C8-AEEA-CB1F5718F62D.jpeg
7BAD4FE9-313D-46D4-943F-8DE27AB928D9.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made up four 1/2”by 0.016” carbon spars that are going to be laminated to the existing wood spars. What I am NOT sure of is to laminate it to the top or bottom of the spar if anyone has any experience or knows which is better please let me know.
To improve the strength Evan more across the end of the tube as well is to extend the sheeting a couple of inches past the spar and down a couple of ribs past the end of the tube instead of ending the sheeting halfway across the spar.
E969D93B-5D36-4A3A-84E5-57AFC5B7B62E.jpeg