Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by stangflyer, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Received some parts from Booma today some connectors for the wings one connector two servos and orientation corrected.

FBB1AEB3-93BB-4334-91F0-652FAD4932EE.jpeg

BalsaDust, Alky6 and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    I have enjoyed the little Tundra so much I thought it was time for something with a little more acro in it. So this morning I went and got me an Eflite Extra from Graves r/c. It said it is compatible with 3 or 4 cell LiPo and I have a couple 3's so I did not get any more. It flies ok but 4's would have been so much better, so I ordered a couple 4's.

Attached Files:

WMcNabb, Snoopy1 and Alky6 like this.
  3. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Drop a 13x6.5 APC on the Tundra and watch it wake up. Just don't go using extended amounts of WOT with it as it pushes the stock ESC but just flying normal I got better thrust as well as longer flights times.

Alky6 and acerc like this.
  4. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    I appreciate the heads up but not necessary as it does what I need it to do. But I will make a note of it for the next time at the HS. BTW, is that for electric, as I will not assume.
    Take off is the only time it see's full throttle and I get longer than I am willing to stand there and fly it. I'm hoping the 4 cell will do the same with the Extra.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  5. The Extra on 4s is freakin amazing. You’ll love it.

acerc likes this.
  6. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    Thats good to hear!! It is a bit lethargic on 3s... It would not pull upwards at all when I held it vertical.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  7. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I bought a tundra. Installed an orange receiver and all worked except the throttle. Got a few suggestions elsewhere and kept trying. Switched to a spectrum receiver, same problem. Tried another radio, no change. My tundra sits wasting space in my shop.

8. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Yup mine is all stock except for the larger prop.

acerc likes this.
  9. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Will it give any beeping tones?

10. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Yes.