• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40cc Twin

Lojik

70cc twin V2
My Mean Green VVRC Machine :D

20150503_131044.jpg

Having a little trouble getting a stable lower idle, will do some more fiddling but I didn't realize my fuel was over 6 months old so that may have been the main reason.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I would suggest fresh fuel, but it will idle better with a little more run time. Ten flights isn't much time to break in. [emoji4]

Lojik

70cc twin V2
The guys said that too, they said if you can live with it for now best to run the higher idle until at least another 15L is through the engine, better than risking a mid air cut, although I fly gliders so handling a dead stick should be fine

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I don't know how you have your throttle set up, but I would suggest an idle up switch. I use one all the time on mine. You can run the idle higher in the air to prevent a dead stick and then switch to low idle for landing.

Alky6

150cc
+1 on the idle up. I have 8 gallons (redline @ 40:1) through mine now and it idles quite nicely at about 1050. I still use an idle up switch as an insurance policy.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I have one of the small plug versions in a cub. It starts easy but I am dealing with heat issues. The idle is awesome. The control surfaces don't shake while sitting on the ground like a single does.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I've heard of other guys having the same problems. Mine is in a freestyle 260 and I have a very large opening in the bottom of the cowl from when I had a dle 35 in it. So I have no heating issues. I have a cowl on back order but I'm wondering how much I need to remove because I really hate to remove as much as it now. Maybe we could baffle these babies?

Alky6

150cc
I've heard of other guys having the same problems. Mine is in a freestyle 260 and I have a very large opening in the bottom of the cowl from when I had a dle 35 in it. So I have no heating issues. I have a cowl on back order but I'm wondering how much I need to remove because I really hate to remove as much as it now. Maybe we could baffle these babies?
Mine is baffled-on an EF78 Extra 300. It really didn't run consistently and was a booger to jet until I did baffle it. Cylinders also run evenly after baffling. Just directed flow from the inlets of the cowl over the fins. Have a deflector in front of the opening on the bottom of the cowl.