• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Viton clunk line

All I have to say is mine has not swollen in a "long , long time!" But it is the yellow stuff. And this really sounds weird.o_O

Ok, in referring to your tank in your airplane, do you use the blue inside the tank or outside? Sounds like Bunky uses the blue for the fill line.. Bunky, do you use it also for the line from the tank to the carb?

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Google Tygon chemical compatibility. It is not really suitable for gasoline or ethanol. I use aluminum tubing as much a possible and just use Viton where flex is necessary and exposed to gas.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok, in referring to your tank in your airplane, do you use the blue inside the tank or outside? Sounds like Bunky uses the blue for the fill line.. Bunky, do you use it also for the line from the tank to the carb?

I have been using the yellow throughout the fuel system in that particular plane. I have since purchased the blue too. I thought the blue had the same properties and the blue that is in your tank does not appear to be the same stuff. The blue and yellow China tubing I am using comes in 2 sizes of wall thickness and can be used with gas or nitro fuels.
bluepipe.jpg yellowpipe.jpg

Ok, my blue started out looking like the one your have pictured, left side!!
i thought was real good. once you put the clunk on, it was not coming out!! same with plugging it into the pSP cap. had to dip it in boiling water to get it to slide on. but once on, no way to remove, unless you cut it out.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok, my blue started out looking like the one your have pictured, left side!!
i thought was real good. once you put the clunk on, it was not coming out!! same with plugging it into the pSP cap. had to dip it in boiling water to get it to slide on. but once on, no way to remove, unless you cut it out.

There is a "polyurethane" fuel line that looks similar but it is not the siliconized rubber China stuff.
fuel line.jpg

I believe, the blue line i had came with a Fortitude tank. Maybe that will help us, if you know, which one came with that tank.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I propose a test. Cut some of each to the same length, say 4 inches. Put them a jar of gas for a week and see which one changed.