• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Viton clunk line

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
I switched over to viton clunk lines last year and no problems...also use it for smoke connection on muffler too...seems to last alot longer on the hot smoke nipples than neoprene.

Also have guys in our club who have had the same clunk lines for the last 3-4 years using viton with our crappy ethanol gas with no issues.

I USE A PIECE OF GLOW FUEL TUBING ON THE SMOKE NIPPLE. HAVE NOT HAD A FAILURE YET

i dont know why im yelling!
caps lock plus i gotta stare my keyboard down while i type i guess

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
We don't have ethanol here in our gas, and still the Tygon get stiff after every season.
That being said, I'm using Viton all the way not only because it doesn't get stiff also because its very strong when it comes to friction with the ribs and walls, since my plane is composite, the corners are very sharp, and after a while, you could find the Tygon is being worn down, with the Viton...its gone...nice slogan though.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
We make vacuum seals for the semiconductor business and all the O rings are Viton. It really is an amazing material, there is very little that effects it.

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Does anybody do a brass tube in their tank and if you do do you run out of fuel on really long downlines?

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
As seen in that vid, I do use a brass tube. Clearly on a long gravity fall rate downline it could be an issue. But 99% of the time it is not.