• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Viton clunk line

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Viton really is the way to go for the clunk line inside the tank. This is after 3 years, and you can see it is still flexible, like new. The yellow Tygon external lines get replaced every Winter because they are stiff.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
hey guys, would you mind if i move this thread to the beginner area, it's great info for anyone starting out or just getting started again after being out of it for a while

thanks!
bart

oviedoed

30cc
Using tygon in my tanks, viton on the outside and ethanol free gas for three years now and not one single problem (knock on wood)

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I switched over to viton clunk lines last year and no problems...also use it for smoke connection on muffler too...seems to last alot longer on the hot smoke nipples than neoprene.

Also have guys in our club who have had the same clunk lines for the last 3-4 years using viton with our crappy ethanol gas with no issues.

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Definately Viton on the clunks, tygon on the inside is asking for a stiff clunk line and flame out.

Tony at Red Aero sells it by the foot