• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys / RC Factory's Brand New 36" EPP FLASH NG, "Official Build Thread"

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks, I really appreciate it. When I build foamys I try hard to do a perfect job. I did a 39" Yak for 3DNater I hope his is doing well.
Mine is doing great. One of these days I hope we can get together so you can fly it!

AKfreak

150cc
I few Bills up in Carson City NV. Besides a Huge red tailed hawk trying to kill it 10 times or so, it was amazing. I really like it.

Heads up guys, I made a mistake during the build. I put the aileron servo arm on backwards. Attached to the horn is a differential, it corrects the throw of the control surfaces so they are equal. I fixed the problem, and will fix the thread this afternoon to reflect the correction of this dumb mistake. AKf

Benton3dflying

New to GSN!
Wow I just saw a link to this thread from another site. AKfreak did a great job with building thread for the RC Factory new 36 inch Flash. Twisted hobbys just keeps cool planes coming out all the time. I just joined 3drcforums great site.
Benton

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Wow I just saw a link to this thread from another site. AKfreak did a great job with building thread for the RC Factory new 36 inch Flash. Twisted hobbys just keeps cool planes coming out all the time. I just joined 3drcforums great site.
Benton
Welcome!

AKfreak

150cc
Just got around to editing and posting the first flights video. It flys super nice. It is locked in and handles the wind wonderfully. To me its a huge win for Twisted Hobbys.

[video=youtube_share;sarOUbtev6I]http://youtu.be/sarOUbtev6I[/video]

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Congrats

Great flying by both you and the airplane.

Let me put you on the spot - compare/contrast to the Laser? (I know fro your other posts how you feel about the laser)

AKfreak

150cc
Two different animals. The laser is more at home as an indoor plane. The Flash flys in the wind with no problem. The laser is more precise, the laser is a power house and can be more violent in maneuvers. I have been flying the laser for many months, the flash just days in comparison. Comparing the to is like 2+2=red. They both fly, but are so hard to compare. I think in a few months ill be doing stuff with the Flash that the laser can't do. I can almost do a knife edge spin on the Flash, and that's a no way on the Laser.

Btw thanks for the king words. AKf

alawson999

70cc twin V2
TY

BTW - I have recently found a fairly reliable way to enter KE spins with Laser - works for me 2 of 3 times.

throttle off down line
add enough rudder to bring the nose almost, but not quite to the horizontal,
bring up throttle, and adjust ailerons as needed to keep it from falling out..

Started at high rates and about half throttle. Full throttle is pretty exciting once you nail it.

also fun to do a low rates - it just floats down

Your mileage may vary - give it a try