• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys / RC Factory's Brand New 36" EPP FLASH NG, "Official Build Thread"

JTI

30cc
Looks like another great plane. The 39" is a little big to transport in my car. The 36" would be about right. I like that it has an air foil.
The Twisted Hobbys build PDF is shown with using medium and thin CA and Kicker.
My welders planes all turn yellow. I've switched to Beacon Foam Tac
The build is similar to the 39" but the 39" has 2 aileron servos.
I don't care for the new thinner control rods and the clevis connections. They are just too delicate I've had to repair the rudder twice on my 39" Crack Yak
I've had better luck with the MXS-C snap-links and the control rods are sturdier.

From PDF you will need
CA medium+thin, CA kicker

AKfreak

150cc
Yeah RC Factory says use CA, IMO that is a mistake on EPP planes. I love Foam Tac, however Welders is pretty stuff when used correctly. Regardless of the glue, this build is almost identical to the 39" planes.

I too love the hardware and clevises from the MSX, but I have played with two 39" kits and the control rods or clevises have not failed. In the end, you and I know Twisted/RC Factory are at the top of the food chain when it comes to foamies and performance. This plane should be no different. Thanks for your feedback.

Twisted Realm

SITE SPONSOR
GSN SPONSOR
Yeah RC Factory says use CA, IMO that is a mistake on EPP planes. I love Foam Tac, however Welders is pretty stuff when used correctly. Regardless of the glue, this build is almost identical to the 39" planes.

I too love the hardware and clevises from the MSX, but I have played with two 39" kits and the control rods or clevises have not failed. In the end, you and I know Twisted/RC Factory are at the top of the food chain when it comes to foamies and performance. This plane should be no different. Thanks for your feedback.

+1 While these models can be assembled with CA we have chose to "stick" with Welder Adhesive for all our EPP models assemblies. The process does take longer but in our opinion its worth it for weight reasons and also durability. Tom your updates look great, she's looking like a model now :cool:

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Thanks, I have quite a bit more to post, it just takes time to get all the information up on the forum.

I am finding this to be, what in my line of work, would be called "best practice" - for a build thread.

I know it is a ton of work to actually get the build thread done - and I am looking forward to it as much as the next guy.

Beyond that, I would encourage you to collect your thoughts about what makes the BEST POSSIBLE BUILD THREAD, and share that with us all - basis for a thread on it's own...

Then if others (maybe even me) might have the jump start they need to do more high quality build threads on an even wider range of projects.

AKfreak

150cc
I am finding this to be, what in my line of work, would be called "best practice" - for a build thread.

I know it is a ton of work to actually get the build thread done - and I am looking forward to it as much as the next guy.

Beyond that, I would encourage you to collect your thoughts about what makes the BEST POSSIBLE BUILD THREAD, and share that with us all - basis for a thread on it's own...

Then if others (maybe even me) might have the jump start they need to do more high quality build threads on an even wider range of projects.

When I am done, I will try give you a basic outline of what I think should be in a good build thread. Thanks for what you said, heck what all of you guys have said, it makes me feel good to know people appreciate the efforts. AKf

AKfreak

150cc
I fiinally caught up to where I am on the build. I hope to finish this plane by Monday or Tuesday. I think there are around 210 different procedures to build a foamie. I guess we will soon see.