• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys / RC Factory's Brand New 36" EPP FLASH NG, "Official Build Thread"

alawson999

70cc twin V2
One last thing - secure your battery with tape or Velcro.

I learned the hard way that the friction fit in the thru hole isn't enough

Twisted Realm

SITE SPONSOR
GSN SPONSOR
Just got around to editing and posting the first flights video. It flys super nice. It is locked in and handles the wind wonderfully. To me its a huge win for Twisted Hobbys.

[video=youtube_share;sarOUbtev6I]http://youtu.be/sarOUbtev6I[/video]

Awesome flying Tom!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Twisted Hobbys / RC Factory's Brand New 36" EPP FLASH NG, "Official Build Thr...

Tom, can you confirm the motor and prop combo you're using again please?

I think I need one of these :D

AKfreak

150cc
I am flying the stock twisted power combo the ESC is a 12a, the motor is the crack series 2206 1450kv on a 3s 600mah crack lipo, swinging a 8040 direct drive prop. 9mins of hard 3d is no problem, and it's the longest flying foamie I own. I am serious when I say, it's the closet thing to a small balsa plane that I have flown, yet slows down and does the foamy thing.

Also thanks [MENTION=115]Twisted Realm[/MENTION] for the kind words, and more so for allowing me to do this project.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
I ran into a friend I met online face to face today. His name is Santeago Prez and he is well known in most RC plane circles. Great kid, and a great pilot. Many of you might of seen him flying the Aerobeez 48" extras indoor at the AMA event last year. Anyways I showed him my Flash NG and he wanted to take a pull. He was kind enough to let me get a clip.

Note the wind was +10 knots, and the Flash NG doesn't dart around, drop a wing or do anything other than remain locked in solid as a rock. This plane is a ton of fun and wind is not an issue for this plane or setup. Santeago said he loved the way it rolls axial, and how it stays locked in all attitudes. I really think he was impressed, at least his face said he was ;) . BTW, he had just won 1St place in the VIVA LAS VEGAS IMAC 2014 Advanced Class.

I was very glad to finally meet him, and look forward to seeing him again soon.

[video=youtube_share;RhJO3Xzhi4g]http://youtu.be/RhJO3Xzhi4g[/video]

AKfreak

150cc
I have flown many foamies, the Flash NG does the best in the wind of all the ones I have messed with. I love it more every day.

I have flown many foamies, the Flash NG does the best in the wind of all the ones I have messed with. I love it more every day.

No doubt. Cool video, Tom! Santiago is the #1 IMAC Sportsman pilot in the country AND he's a great guy to hang out with as well. The Flash looks absolutely great in those windy conditions. Amazing!!!