• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

hone

150cc
Do a pre-flight check to make sure everything is moving the right direction and bring lots of batteries :)

wedoitall

Some afternoon fun with my Extra Slick.

http://youtu.be/8WZOmiWZ4jk

My camerawoman (my wife) is getting seriously fed up after a while... :)

that was pretty sweet vid, especially around the 1:50 mark. my kids dp me the same way lol

got to attempt a maiden of my th edge this evening. i say attempt cause it was windy and i was in my back yard, lots of trees and power lines. did get her trimmed out alil bit. but lol im definetly not use to a 3d epp, rolls alil faster than my t-28 trojan. need to go to our bigger field till i get it somewhat trimmed and get use to it. but so far i love it.

njswede

150cc
Thanks! Yeah... The joy of 5-year-old twins. :)

A 3D EPP Foamie flies a bit different from a T-28, yes... :) Keep the rates low and the CG a bit forward for now. Then dial in insane 3D rates, move the CG back a bit and have some serious fun!

I'm not a very good 3D pilot, but the ExtraSlick almost makes me look like I know what I'm doing. That hover at 1:50 is almost textbook, isn't it? :peace:

wedoitall

yea its pretty sweet. i hovered my trojan once lol seriously. the battery slid back and was tail heavy. it went into a elevator and then a momentary hover that seemed like it lasted for ever:scaredchair:. of course i meant to do that hehe. :bull: but i did get it on the ground in one piece. flew my super cub tail heavy once , without crashing it also. actually flew my um t-28 tail heavy also. hope these are just noob goofs and not a consistent pattern.