• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That's what I foind in the cowl of a Carf Extra 330L that I bought. It weighed almost 3 pounds. The bet part was it didn't need any weight. That is what happens when you try and balance 100mm from the leading edge at the root instead of at the tip like your supposed to. The CG was more than an inch too far forward.
shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tonight I worked on getting my elevator servos synced on my 91" Aerobeez Slick.

17990583_10213616074343105_8919906915961482977_o.jpg

They're 95% synced, I think one of the stabs is warped though, either from dragging them on the ground :epic: or from leaving them in the car for a couple of days in the high of the desert summer... Either way looks like it's time for some new stabs. These things have probably 200 flights on them, and have been through 2 crashes- I'm honestly surprised they're still in tact.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got the rudder and the stabilizer beveled and hinged just have do final sanding and then installed on to the fuselage. Should de able to get this done in the next couple of days. When done will take a couple of pictures.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I did a little tank and fuse plumbing tonight. I really had hoped to get more accomplished. But if I get at least one task done per night, I can still make the weekend maiden with time to spare. A little red sneaky snake skin on the ole yellow Tygon go-go juice tubing.

20170418_211612.jpg
20170418_211627.jpg

And of course, Smart Fly Power Expander Pro pre-wiring.

20170418_211733.jpg

Tomorrow I plan to swap out all the servo arms for my normal double lock aluminum arms. They are a bit longer than the aluminum arms it came with. Why? Because I want as much "Beating Throw" as I can get on those surfaces. I really don't have much to do after that. Install the gas pedal servo, loom the snake skin on the harnesses, set the throws, install the flight packs and button her up. Got three more days to get her flight ready before the weekend. I think I can make it.