• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

I had the version 1 (orange) of this. ''Twas a hot rod. I as an OS 46 with a bisson Pitts muff. It landed pretty hot. Still added a small brick of lead in the nose to get the CG right. I remember being able to to a lumsevuk? with it. I flew the snot out of it until I gave it to another member. It eventually ended up in the Forrest. Had a pretty violent wing stall, but that's the V1. Curious how this one flies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping it flys well. Videos I have seen of it seem promising. This is my first plane with retract so I looking forward to that part of it at least. That was one negative of it though. The gear doors that came with it stood way proud of the wing and I just felt would be adding extra drag so they where removed. Also mine seems to be on the nose heavy side right now. Hopefully I can move things around enough to compensate for it though as I don't want to add any more weight to it.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice. The V1 had fixed LG. Plane was slippery, would pick up speed in a decent. So approaches were long unless I did a stall turn on the downwind. Drag could be ok, you'll just have to fly it and see! Flapperons did not for for the v1 . Lost too much lift lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BalsaDust

IMG_0074.JPG

Didn't like the yellow spinner. Until I can find an aluminum one I like I pulled the yellow one and painted it red.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1581.JPG
Well it took a while and quite some fitting and cutting to get the motor to fit in and nicely enclosed and still be able to remove the motor when required. Still have to clean up fuel line but that will be done later .
So now the work on the on the rear section of the fuselage starts. And the stabilizer and rudder. Hope to get all that done before the flying season really gets started, because once it does I lose all my ambition to build and would be nice to finish the fuselage before that happens.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
No work on the Pitts the last few days. Waiting for my last coat of Purple then I can clear it. So what did I do instead? Well drive 1050 miles in one day to pick up 2 flat out stolen planes. What else? LOL. Not literally everyone. Just in the price I paid for them. First, an Aero-works QB 100cc Ultimate with a mere 10 flights on her. DLE120 on MTW's and HS 7954's throughout. RX ready even. One bad ass looking Bipe. This one I bought for my son. He has been wanting one since, well since before I bought his PAU Edge for him. The second plane is a brand new Pilot 100cc Edge 540 with brand new V3 DLE 111. New HS 7955's throughout. Also rx. ready. Both were basically ready to fly. The Edge is my replacement to my Purple one I sold because I was a fool. I was lucky enough to find this one. So I grabbed about four hours of sleep this morning when I got back home from Seattle and then...guess what I did? I started ripping everything out of the Edge to do it all up the way I do things. Oh I do love assembling planes. Looks like the Pitts is not the only new plane maiden I get to do this Spring. :woohoo!:

Tonight I am putting on snakeskin on the harnesses, installing my extra SF PowerExpander Pro, receiver, batts, etc.
IMG_2847.JPG
IMG_2851.JPG