• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 93522

Had a little fun in the sun before the winds got to bad. Got a scarey video of the edge profile I will upload tomorrow. My thumbs got crossed up in an up close hover. Fell over and came at me. Some ducking and weaving and I basically did a rudder turn around my head with a 55cc plane. Might have been a few bad words thrown in there during the process.

That profile is a lot large than I had anticipated, that is a big profile plane doe the wings come off or is all one piece. Have Aeroworks pro260 and it is considerably smaller, that thing must be a lot of fun.
That is pretty big prop that is trying to eat you.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I had a great date with a red head yesterday. I figured today would be a good day for a little fun with a certain blonde. Hee hee
20170212_123006_001.jpg

No extreme 3D today. (Well not much...lol) Just practicing some precision to get familiarized with the 2017 Sportsman IMAC sequence. Really looking forward to this year's events.
20170212_123137.jpg
20170212_123044.jpg

BalsaDust

That profile is a lot large than I had anticipated, that is a big profile plane doe the wings come off or is all one piece. Have Aeroworks pro260 and it is considerably smaller, that thing must be a lot of fun.
That is pretty big prop that is trying to eat you.

IMG_7119.JPG

Yup the wings come off. 81" span 76" long 1384 squares of wing area, 13.bs minus fuel makes for a really fun plane that flys great and has crazy amounts of power.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Hey, Balsadust !! You must be in the CVRC club down there ?! My Buddy Larry Burk is in that club & do you know Bob Pereen, he used to do the maintainence at the old field & used to help me program my radios !! ? Larry lives up here by me in the summer & we fly together in two clubs here. He sent me the video from I believe the New Years fly- in , what a nice field you have !!
Happy flying !!
John !

BalsaDust

Hey, Balsadust !! You must be in the CVRC club down there ?! My Buddy Larry Burk is in that club & do you know Bob Pereen, he used to do the maintainence at the old field & used to help me program my radios !! ? Larry lives up here by me in the summer & we fly together in two clubs here. He sent me the video from I believe the New Years fly- in , what a nice field you have !!
Happy flying !!
John !

I'm actually with MVRCC but the picture today was from me flying with a couple buddies at the Funtime Virginia Aeronuts field. Both clubs are in the Petersburg va area. Not sure where cvrc is located.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It was a magnificent day for RC shenanigans :D No flying yesterday due to rain, but it was sunny and 70 all day today. Flew the Yak in the morning :)

20170212_111817.jpg

Then later in the afternoon went and bashed around with the T-Maxx. Ran 3 tanks through the airplane before calling it, and 2 tanks through the truck before the receiver battery died o_O (at least I got the truck completely dialed in, starts easily and runs awesome)

20170212_154016(1).jpg

20170212_154427.jpg

Had a blast with it, and then remembered why I hate nitro, the cleanup afterwards sucks!!

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Happy flying !!
John !
I know Larry Burk. I fly with CVRC and SVARC. Larry is a blast and seems to always maintain a great attitude. CVRC lost their old field (someone purchased the land) and their new location in Amelia, VA on route 609. Bob Pareen is another buddy that flies at CVRC. Both are great guys. I bet balsadust knows Ben Volglegesang (sp?).

js-rc

70cc twin V2
I know Larry Burk. I fly with CVRC and SVARC. Larry is a blast and seems to always maintain a great attitude. CVRC lost their old field (someone purchased the land) and their new location in Amelia, VA on route 609. Bob Pareen is another buddy that flies at CVRC. Both are great guys. I bet balsadust knows Ben Volglegesang (sp?).

Surprising how from the video around New Years, those two flying fields look very much alike , especially the tables for the planes ! I hope someday to get down to Larry's house & fly at your field at least once !! Maybe I'll get to meet you too !!
Thanks, John !!