• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

BalsaDust

IMG_7082.PNG

Was a good say flying yesterday. Only 5 flights on his so far but I'm getting used to it and really liking it. A touch on the nose heavy side currently but I will get that fixed before the next outing.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
And a video of the shenanigans. Y'all think it's got enough power?????

I think you more than enough. It looks like a really nice plane to practice 3D and very little wing rock. Good plane for the season, looks like you are going to enjoy it for a while.

BalsaDust

I think you more than enough. It looks like a really nice plane to practice 3D and very little wing rock. Good plane for the season, looks like you are going to enjoy it for a while.

I think the little bit of wing rock will go away when I get the balance worked out and my expos set right. Plus take into account it's a dle55 on a 13.4lbs plane so the torque of the engine kinda rocks it a bit. Kinda wondering if I need to try a diff prop.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Here's some more from yesterday. Buddy been daring me to fly the 40 size edge in my yard so I did. Lots of fun. Gonna try the smaller back yard next.

That is one nice piece of property. Man would I burn a lot of fuel if I had that opportunity. Looks like that power pole needs to be relocated. You could fly some big stuff there the only thing it looks like the landing approach will be steep.

BalsaDust

Not as much room as it looks like. From the tree line on the right to the one on the left is just over 100' long. I would be comfortable flying most of my slabs there though as they float and are easy to just harrier land. Not sure I'm willing to fly my 55cc one there though. Yes that power line has grabbed a couple planes. Off to the right in the video is another power line that is pretty much impossible to see as it blends in with the trees.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So can someone, anyone....tell me what this is?
20170210_142454.jpg

How about a little hint? Blue skies returning to the Boise Valley. We've honestly not seen this site for going on three months. Forecast for this weekend is clear "cloudless" blue skies and into the mid 50's with next to no wind. Guess ya'll know what I'm planning for Saturday "AND" Sunday, right!? Providing the runway looks like this barren field...(and if it don't, I'll make it so) I'm-a gunnar ask Baby.....
PART951425768980037952015030795142445.jpg

out on a date. Oh how she excites me, thrills me, moves me.

Huckin' days are here again...:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance: