• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
Ready for a day at the field. Heading out in the morning with no plans to return home until the sun goes down.
401c928361fd19e7e4eb7a3054585e53.jpg
b9744e3dc918fcb57bdf731d5919cb56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BalsaDust

You will fall in love with that Fslcon.

I know I will. I have flown a buddies plane with one but now I will be able to make back to back flights trying the two diff wood props I have and then the falcon and seeing how they all compare. Honestly my my big profile edge I don't need any more than the xoar wood prop I'm running as the plane is so light weight but it will be fun to try it with the falcon.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looks pretty new, nice looking plane. Nice to get out and fly again. What size red head is that.
I recovered the plane in Dec. 2012. The motor...157cs was brand new when the plane maidened April 2013. Since then, she's logged about 130 plus flights at my command. (About 210'ish from previous owner.) The 157 now has roughly 13 or so gallons through her. Getting stronger every flight. Swings a Falcon 32x10 at over 6600 static. Been thinking of trying the 32x11 from my 170 on it. Since the 170 is basically new and will be upgraded to a csts, the 32x11 won't be enough prop. I will be going to a 33x11w once upgraded.

I always know if I'm down or blue or bothered by something, an outing with Baby and I'm good as new once more.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I recovered the plane in Dec. 2012. The motor...157cs was brand new when the plane maidened April 2013. Since then, she's logged about 130 plus flights at my command. (About 210'ish from previous owner.) The 157 now has roughly 13 or so gallons through her. Getting stronger every flight. Swings a Falcon 32x10 at over 6600 static. Been thinking of trying the 32x11 from my 170 on it. Since the 170 is basically new and will be upgraded to a csts, the 32x11 won't be enough prop. I will be going to a 33x11w once upgraded.

I always know if I'm down or blue or bothered by something, an outing with Baby and I'm good as new once more.

Must say you take good care off the plane it looks new. Yes from what I have read and seen the 3w-157 is the best engine that they have ever produced and it out performs most 170 size engines.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Nice covering job, especially with all the curves on it. Sometimes those curves can get challenging. I have had to take a few pieces up at times to get them to my satisfaction.
Thank you. Was very time consuming but what else ya gonna do when you're healing a broken foot? Lol
Must say you take good care off the plane it looks new. Yes from what I have read and seen the 3w-157 is the best engine that they have ever produced and it out performs most 170 size engines.
I do try to keep all my planes clean and well kept. The 157cs out performs every engine in its class and the only 170 class engine I am aware of that it can't beat is the CS or csts version engines. Hence the reason my new 170 classic will soon be a csts red head.:devil-dance:

BalsaDust

IMG_7120.JPG

Had a little fun in the sun before the winds got to bad. Got a scarey video of the edge profile I will upload tomorrow. My thumbs got crossed up in an up close hover. Fell over and came at me. Some ducking and weaving and I basically did a rudder turn around my head with a 55cc plane. Might have been a few bad words thrown in there during the process.