• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got out early evening today (5pm) and finally maiden of the MXS! Aura 8 off and low rates the plane flew rock solid smooth only requiring some up (4clicks) elevator trim. Threw the switch to low rate gyro and commenced to do the smoothest rollers I have ever done! Threw the switch to high rate gyro and HA KE to the deck steady as a rock! Hovers great but need to address a small amount of trim on the rudder and elevator only. The wind got a little "swirly" and you could see the plane get bumped a bit but once the Aura 8 is switched in it was smooth steady flying! Me LIKE! I was the only one there today so pictures on the ground and not flying.
I wish others who doubt this system where there to see a huge difference in stability. It does not fly the plane or even self level it just makes it rock solid smooth in harriers, knife edge, etc... I can see where IMAC guys would like this system!

20160703_164543.jpg
20160703_164612.jpg
20160703_182242.jpg

BalsaDust

Got out early evening today (5pm) and finally maiden of the MXS! Aura 8 off and low rates the plane flew rock solid smooth only requiring some up (4clicks) elevator trim. Threw the switch to low rate gyro and commenced to do the smoothest rollers I have ever done! Threw the switch to high rate gyro and HA KE to the deck steady as a rock! Hovers great but need to address a small amount of trim on the rudder and elevator only. The wind got a little "swirly" and you could see the plane get bumped a bit but once the Aura 8 is switched in it was smooth steady flying! Me LIKE! I was the only one there today so pictures on the ground and not flying.
I wish others who doubt this system where there to see a huge difference in stability. It does not fly the plane or even self level it just makes it rock solid smooth in harriers, knife edge, etc... I can see where IMAC guys would like this system!

View attachment 84057 View attachment 84058 View attachment 84059

Send me one then and I will try it out. Glad the plane flew well though. Sure is a purdy little plane.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That could work. Throw it on my 20cc slab. If it does as you say it might help me learn rollers.

Shoot me your physical address and I will get it on its way. There is a lot to do set up wise with the lap top so let me know how you are going to mount the Aura 8. I will program it the way I did the MXS.... "General 3D flying".... on a 3 position switch but need to know the physical orientation. You can mount these things upside down, sideways, etc..... Just have to set it up on how you mount it. As far as P gain and stick priority........Don't worry. It is all pre figured including throws and expo. You can change these values but I do not recommend it as a beginner. And you have to have a lap top for the Aura 8 software tool to reconfigure them. May be best you just call me. You have my number.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
A guy from Washington came for a family visit and brought his planes with. We got to watch him fly this scratch built 168" Blackburn Beverly. Awesome electric bird.
thanks for posting that! i've been dealing with a gastrointestinal issue :very_angry::steamer::very_angry: the last three or four days but that big bird put a smile on my face!

TMI?