• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I am so glad I aborted the "10" down load. I can live with 8.1 for now. But darn! I still need to get "Real Flight- doughnut" Maybe I should have installed "Real Flight-coffee" first.
Actually Kelly, 10 is pretty good. I like it so much better than 8 or even 8.1. I have not had any issues. Well other than when my hard drive in my brand new "H.P.", yes...that's it..."H.P." laptop took a dump. What P'ssd me off the most? I lost every single picture I ever had. UGH....:very_angry:

thurmma

150cc
I have tried 10 twice and went back to 7 each time. I have a Dell Precision M6600 and there are a few devices that I can't get drivers for and Dell has straight out said they won't be updating anything for this machine for Windows 10.

@Xpress that is why I run Raid 10 now. Was running Raid 5 on my server at home and as luck would have it, lost 2 drives at once. Tried everything for recovery with no success. Lost a couple hundred gig of pictures that I had added since the last time I had backed up and some movies, but other than that came out of it ok. I routinely make images of my laptop so when the ssd dies, all I have to do is restore the image and I am up and running again. I say when, because it will fail, just a matter of time.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My Dell XPS510 wouldn't run Windows 10 at a speed that humans could use it. Maybe a sloth... Reverted it back to Windows 7. I have used Windows 10 very little on a PC that runs it at normal speeds and I could get used to it in time, but all of the computers I use at home work work all use Windows 7 @thurmma