• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
20150906_133556.jpg
I went from hero to zero, in a flash. Hey what ya gonna do, :dancing-poop: happens. I just hope it doesn't set me back to far
Not to worry Donnie...you'll never be a zero in my book. :way_to_go:

@Shayne Epley and I got in some flying today. The weather was simply awesome. About 55 and no wind when we arrived to a completely to our selves field. I shook off the jitters and bit the bullet and am pleased to say, I apparently hired the right ghost buster this time. The 260 performed flawlessly. The RCEXL ignition did the trick. Not so much as a twitch. And I must say, the 157 has always ran good. Dependable and strong. But I don't remember it ever having the crisp "snappy" throttle response that it now has. Started as well or even better than before. I even had to change the throttle curve. Almost like flying a completely different plane.

I put another 3 flight beat down on the PAU too. 6 flights between the 260 and 300. From 260 to 300, Extra style...Just a perfect day of flying. So looking forward to Tri-Cities next weekend. :banana-dance::banana-dance:

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The club I belong to had their annual scale fly-in yesterday and as my luck would have it, the rain woke me up yesterday morning. The rain didn't last long so I decided to go to the field anyway. Well, the more the clouds broke up, the harder the wind blew and by the time the sky was clear, the wind was blowing 30 knots . . . . . . . . . :dancing-poop:

Anyway, I'm on my way out to try again even though rain has been threatening all morning. . . . :ugh:
Don't let a little breeze hinder your flying. Wind...is your friend. :laughing:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
View attachment 40304

@Shayne Epley and I got in some flying today. The weather was simply awesome. About 55 and no wind when we arrived to a completely to our selves field. I shook off the jitters and bit the bullet and am pleased to say, I apparently hired the right ghost buster this time. The 260 performed flawlessly. The RCEXL ignition did the trick. Not so much as a twitch. And I must say, the 157 has always ran good. Dependable and strong. But I don't remember it ever having the crisp "snappy" throttle response that it now has. Started as well or even better than before. I even had to change the throttle curve. Almost like flying a completely different plane.

I put another 3 flight beat down on the PAU too. 6 flights between the 260 and 300. From 260 to 300, Extra style...Just a perfect day of flying. So looking forward to Tri-Cities next weekend. :banana-dance::banana-dance:
Glad ya got her figured out, Congrats

View attachment 40304

Congrats!

BJ Swope