• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Finally I went flying! Literally there was dust and cobwebs on my plane. After 3 months of no flying and relentless work and family priorities I grabbed a half day of flying. Even better my parents flew in for a visit and I brought my dad with me. An excellent day.

Good for you! Glad you spent some time with Dad and the RC. I always liked coming to Roswell when I traveled with work. Pretty little town. I remember a local Italian eatery I enjoyed there. Lasagna was excellent with a crab cake app.

emtp275

100cc
Got out this eve with the fellas @Paul Puszynski , @combat chicken , @emtp275 , Carl, an ButtFace Jr., first flights since the Slick crash. It felt good, Cold Beer's an dinner with everyone after, capped off a GOOD Fri. Eve.
Ready for tomorrow, we'll knock out the worst of the 89 I hope get some work done on the Pilot Edge.... and then oh yes then its off the cook out with ribs crown and a lack of giva F's

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Today is our clubs 9/11 Memorial Picnic. Sounds like it may be a little windy, but cool at least. A big break from the recent heat and humidity.

The forecast for tomorrow is excellent. 72 and sunny with winds about 5mph. If that holds it will be the first really nice Sunday we've had so far this year.

I can't go flying till later today, but tomorrow I will be there a 9am and stay till I'm worn out. You just have to take advantage of the few really nice days you get.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Today was a long and busy one to start of at 5:30 this morning I loaded a couple planes and my shotguns. Went out to Our flying field parked my truck where the dirt bikers have there moto cross track set up put on my bird vest and went hunting, morning doves and quail, until about 7:30 one of the guys called and said he was going flying at a local lake on the west side of town so I loaded up, stopped at home and picked up a cub with floats, and went float flying for about an hour. then headed back to our club field flew my P47 and my Night vision the other guy brought out his Addiction X and his new Electric Ultimate bipe. Then the land owner stop out with his VW buggy and asked if I could swing by where they were having there Championship Mini Sprint races tonight and do some welding on the Entrance gate, since I have my welder in my truck. After that we checked out the Mini sprints. I thought they were still running snow mobile engines but they have switched to 4 cylinder Yamaha engines. Then headed home and started on a new 63" B17 electric. After that started up the BBQ barrel and threw on a 40 oz. Rib eye steak I marinated over night, and some of my old fashion potato salad with bacon photo's Incl. I can't believe I ate the whole thing and was still Hungry LOL!!! IT WAS DELISIOUS :yesss:

IMG_4534.JPG IMG_4538.JPG IMG_4544.JPG IMG_4547.JPG

Last edited: