• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The only flying I'm going to be doing for quite a while is at work behind the walls of my office. . . . . . :cryin:. Almost makes me glad I don't have a big "Baby" of my own yet. . . . .. ..
YEAH RIGHT ! ! ! ! ! !:lol2:

I'm glad I have access to GSN to look at on my lunch hour. It will help me maintain what little sanity I have left. . . . . . . . :yesss:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Good time today, hate hay harvest broke it up early, but @mulehead1969 and I are gonna hit it in the morning again. I was gonna txt John, but I'm gonna take break, and burn some fuel meself. Few pics from today

Attachments

• DSCF4807.JPG
    DSCF4807.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF4813.JPG
    DSCF4813.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF4814.JPG
    DSCF4814.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCF4825.JPG
    DSCF4825.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCF4818.JPG
    DSCF4818.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF4823.JPG
    DSCF4823.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 216

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well I got out today and only got one flight on the 260. Apparently something really weird with my radio. I set up on my approach, brought her in lined up, but was a little too hot, so I did a smooth and gentle pull out to make another stab at the runway. Next time in, lined up and let her bleed altitude off and she settled in for a perfectly smooth as silky honey three pointer landing. Flipped my rate switch up to high for roll out and "NOTHING" from my radio. Almost like someone reached over and turned it off. Elevators went limp and rudder kicked hard left and stayed there, then relaxed and the motor died. Now when has my 157 just up and died? Whew, so very glad I didn't have to do another go around. One flight was enough for me. I packed her up and brought her home...unscathed.

Pretty sure I am going to be looking at that plane really closely. Of all the planes I would hate to lose, losing my 260 would pretty much crush me.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hit the line with @ChickenBalls , @mulehead1969 ,and @combat chicken today... Had a blast the youngest got to maiden a 100" Cub I got a few on the 91 Yak this thing is amazing, and Donnie and warren got some shake/ beat downs on there planes for HOW good day! Oh and Barts son beat his 72" pretty hard LOL time to steep up Bart
Good time today, hate hay harvest broke it up early, but @mulehead1969 and I are gonna hit it in the morning again. I was gonna txt John, but I'm gonna take break, and burn some fuel meself. Few pics from today
That's awesome guys.... Damn I wish I were down there with ya'll.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Well I got out today and only got one flight on the 260. Apparently something really weird with my radio. I set up on my approach, brought her in lined up, but was a little too hot, so I did a smooth and gentle pull out to make another stab at the runway. Next time in, lined up and let her bleed altitude off and she settled in for a perfectly smooth as silky honey three pointer landing. Flipped my rate switch up to high for roll out and "NOTHING" from my radio. Almost like someone reached over and turned it off. Elevators went limp and rudder kicked hard left and stayed there, then relaxed and the motor died. Now when has my 157 just up and died? Whew, so very glad I didn't have to do another go around. One flight was enough for me. I packed her up and brought her home...unscathed.

Pretty sure I am going to be looking at that plane really closely. Of all the planes I would hate to lose, losing my 260 would pretty much crush me.
Glad she on the ground safely, interested in what caused it. Mr. Magicsmoke @emtp275 had his futaba fail on him month back, lost his 42" Slick because of it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Glad she on the ground safely, interested in what caused it. Mr. Magicsmoke @emtp275 had his futaba fail on him month back, lost his 42" Slick because of it.
Thank you Donnie. I couldn't agree more. Ugh...not good. I honestly feel it must be with the ignition system causing feedback. I have been having an ongoing issue with it for some time. An occasional miss, an occasional back fire. But never like this. That's fine.... Once like this was enough. She'll stayed grounded and indoors until I "KNOW" the issue is resolved.

Yep had a great time with the guys, @emtp275 @ChickenBalls @mulehead1969 , Carl, his son Bryson. Visiting with Mr Herb, seeing Jim do some more student training on his foam Decathlon and especially watching my son Ben fly his first 30cc gasser flight.:D Yep he has been practicing on the flat foamies and it was apparent when he started to do waterfalls. I haven't tried that yet on my gassers! :eek:Indeed I need to grow a bigger pair and step up. Have been a little complacent on my flying for a while now. Time to step it up!:way_to_go: