• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
We've got a group of guys running my club right now that have sucked a lot of the fun out of it for me.
There's another club much closer to me, but the field is tiny. I may join anyway just to have an alternative.

If I did not know any better you sound just like me. Hope you find a "private place" you can go to every once in a while:).
The smaller field I go to is not very good but has some nice guys! I am only going to fly glo there and maybe 50/60cc.
120cc needs a club where most the members fly 100cc or bigger. Not any of that around here where I am although a few other guys have 100cc planes. They don't fly em though! (I wonder WHYYYYYYY!!!!!) lol

thurmma

150cc
Isn't it really odd that "those" making the most noise about the way we fly aerobatic planes or that, "oh, we're dangerous" are precisely the ones that are constantly permanently dirt napping their planes?
As president of our local club in my second term, I guess I was doing something right or at least not making to many enemies, we have some of the same situations here. Over the winter, we actually came to some conclusions that will work for both safety and appease the ones that are always complaining about the "out of control" fliers. I do feel really fortunate that we have a very good bunch of members in the club and are able to work out compromises when situations come up that work for everyone. We have one issue and that is that our pit area is closer to the flight line than AMA recommends, but that was done before my time at the club, so safety for everyone is where we tend to lean without ruining the fun. I fly, or at least try to fly, some 3D and love the challenge when I get low enough to see the plane :) I have also ventured into the IMAC arena and really do enjoy the challenge of precision flying. My thoughts are, and these are just my thoughts, if you are running a club where nobody is enjoying themselves except you and a few select members, you will not have a club long. Our hobby is always evolving and expanding, so embrace the new and old alike. You will be amazed at what will happen to your membership levels. Ok, off the soap box.

First Thank you to @stangflyer for not kidnapping Flossy, Bertha, and Big orange (got no name yet) 2nd this FOG left his granny panties at home today. It's nice to have @emtp275 there to push me to do more, and teach me. TO top it off, pattern guy had his panties in a wade today, but not even his wise azz crap could wipe smile off my face, I almost gave him a Foff, he lucky I'm in Happy Nirvana Nall mood. Thanks for pics Justin, and I would have got more of the Extra if you hadn't scared me:lol2:
@ChickenBalls @emtp275 Man I am jealous! Between work, home repairs/maintenance and family (family thing is ok though:)) I have not been able to fly any. Hoping Saturday to get some time to tune up a little for Nall! I think I know your pattern guy. Same guy who was insisting that only one of the officers should have access to our web site password so we can get in the same situation we are in today.:confused:You know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result!:p

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
As president of our local club in my second term, I guess I was doing something right or at least not making to many enemies, we have some of the same situations here. Over the winter, we actually came to some conclusions that will work for both safety and appease the ones that are always complaining about the "out of control" fliers. I do feel really fortunate that we have a very good bunch of members in the club and are able to work out compromises when situations come up that work for everyone. We have one issue and that is that our pit area is closer to the flight line than AMA recommends, but that was done before my time at the club, so safety for everyone is where we tend to lean without ruining the fun. I fly, or at least try to fly, some 3D and love the challenge when I get low enough to see the plane :) I have also ventured into the IMAC arena and really do enjoy the challenge of precision flying. My thoughts are, and these are just my thoughts, if you are running a club where nobody is enjoying themselves except you and a few select members, you will not have a club long. Our hobby is always evolving and expanding, so embrace the new and old alike. You will be amazed at what will happen to your membership levels. Ok, off the soap box.
I couldn't have said it better. Probably the reason the previous field I flew at and was safety officer of, is now on the brink of being shut down. Everyone seems to disagree or at each others throat no matter what the situation. And sadly, It is not even constant in vocalized observations. Example: One day, I or any other gasser guy would show up and fly....the first thing we'd hear, "Well, you can't fly like that", or "You will need to calm that plane down". Next day, same bunch of guys flying, same bunch of onlookers observing... the comments are, "Wow, that's cool...can you show me how to do that?" Or, "Hey, what did you do to your plane? It seems so much quieter!" And the truth to be said? Nothing was changed. No change in prop or exhaust. No change in flying style or maneuvers. NOTHING! I have a firm belief that a plane is "ONLY" as dangerous as the competency of the builder and pilot.

I had actually planned on stopping by the store and picking up some Midal for a few of them ya-hoos.:way_to_go:

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I should clarify here that I actually belong to a really great club and 99% of the time I have no issues. Every club has a few of those FOGs that want to make everyone else just as miserable as they are. As I moved around the country in the military, I was a member of a lot of different clubs, and every single one of them had "those guys" in them. I will never let them ruin or take away from my enjoyment of this hobby. I schedule my flying time to avoid them, stay at the other end of the pits if they are there, and leave if it starts to get to me. I always leave the field with a smile, the day that I don't will probably be the day I give up flying and start a new hobby!

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys! Lots of memories, but don't miss moving all the time and being away from home 6-9 months out of the year! I could get used to staying in one place and focusing on having fun!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Man! Sorry about that! Was great:way_to_go: up until that last moment.

I was not going to post it but I figured by embarrassing myself would better motivate me to ignore the negativity that goes on at a lot of our clubs. I was so nervous and not feeling my best and l let something that is really a ghost get to me. I had shakes that caused me to trigger the idle down in some part of the flight and upon entering that last high g maneuver stalled the engine. Thanks for the compliment and I am not trying to show off. I do show up in the vid as "Extra Large"!!!! though!
Damn cheeseburgers! And yes.....The DA120 started in 1 flip! lol It has wore my arm out before!