• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
:rolleyes:Finally figured it out!?!?

Lot's more OPINIONS flying at the club fields than AIRPLANES.:dancing-chicken:
11009207_10203868033724398_7594844078952126907_n.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
For the last 4 years I loved my club, but things have changed. We have a pretty large field with an L shaped runway. You could carve out your own piece of sky and stay away from everyone else and do your own thing. Now there are some rule happy guys running things and they are restricting different areas of the field for no good reason that they can explain. With one of their new rules if the wind is out of the east or west you have to stand in a pilots box were if your flying a big airplane there is no way you can fly in front of yourself because of their off limits areas. It's really goofy they way they are setting it up. Not to mention the haters if you want to fly 3D or a helicopter.

emtp275

100cc
@ChickenBalls , I agree completely, do what makes you happy! I don't have anything against any RC discipline, my issue is always with people that want to bring you down. Usually some serious stick banging down low hucking will shut them up! And if it doesn't, it makes me smile, which is why I'm there! But your pictures remind me that I need to have at least one plane with smoke, have to work on that!
Well I herd him talking when he pulled up as I was flying, I went str8 from just stick banging to point rolls slow rolls and carving lines in the sky, He made a comment about liking the slow rolls and when I landed he told @ChickenBalls if we wanted to hover buy a helicopter so what do I do take back off str8 into a hover LOL! F-Um

emtp275

100cc
@emtp275 , sounds like he's just butthurt because he can't hover! Turns out the 3D guys have more plane control than most pilots because they have to use both sticks! :spongebob:
Yea no kidding, I find myself thinking during point rolls or perfect loops but a hover or torque roll is all reaction, you have to feel the plane and react to sudden changes the thought process is out the window if you have to think about things then react your two steeps behind.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@emtp275 , sounds like he's just butthurt because he can't hover! Turns out the 3D guys have more plane control than most pilots because they have to use both sticks! :spongebob:
Yea no kidding, I find myself thinking during point rolls or perfect loops but a hover or torque roll is all reaction, you have to feel the plane and react to sudden changes the thought process is out the window if you have to think about things then react your two steeps behind.
Isn't it really odd that "those" making the most noise about the way we fly aerobatic planes or that, "oh, we're dangerous" are precisely the ones that are constantly permanently dirt napping their planes?