• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

thurmma

150cc
Did someone say,,, Steel Beach Day and Beer Day is coming up? Nothing like a good'ol fashion BBQ up on the flight deck and watching footballs going over the side after a bad throw :) Subic Bay and Thailand were the best Liberty Ports back then,,, :)

BV
USMC, Ret. 82-03
CH46 F/L Mech
East Coast or West Coast? I was in New River from 82-85 IMA H&MS 26

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So tomorrow is another fab-o-lous day to go flying. Taking the 260 and the PAU. Oh yeah...did I fail to mention it's maiden day for my son's PAU 43% Edge? Yup, tested all systems along with the smoke. Holy crap, this thing smokes like it's on fire! I am so excited and anxious. Ya'll give @Shayne Epley a big thumbs up huh? This young man put together one bad ass hooptie. Can't wait to see it fly.:banana-dance:I just might be a little jealous. Lol...

20150430_174759.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
So tomorrow is another fab-o-lous day to go flying. Taking the 260 and the PAU. Oh yeah...did I fail to mention it's maiden day for my son's PAU 43% Edge? Yup, tested all systems along with the smoke. Holy crap, this thing smokes like it's on fire! I am so excited and anxious. Ya'll give @Shayne Epley a big thumbs up huh? This young man put together one bad ass hooptie. Can't wait to see it fly.:banana-dance:I just might be a little jealous. Lol...

View attachment 18676
BADAZZ @Shayne Epley ya'll pimpin truck,trailer, and plane match Damn. Congrats gl tomorrow

East Coast or West Coast? I was in New River from 82-85 IMA H&MS 26
All Hollywood/West Coast Brother! MCAS's Tustin and El Toro and Camp Pendleton, 3rd MAW MAG16, HMM-268, HMM(T)-164, a tour with 4th MAW DET B HMM-764, 1st MAW MAG 36 HMM-262 @ MCAS Futema and a bunch of silly boat rides on LPH-11 USS New Orleans, LHD-6 USS Bonhomme Richard, LHA-3 USS Belleau Wood and a few others I can t remember at the moment,,, oh yea, got my AZZ beat crossing the line for WOG Day,,, Today line crossing ceremonies don t even come close to what happened back then.

S/F

emtp275

100cc
Got out with @ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969 today, That chicken balls dummy started yelling that he wanted photos of the plane me and grass together, some dumb idea he got from @Terryscustom I think, but any way he didnt get the shot and I went up and had one of the few good pop tops i have been able to grab on this plane on the Rt side of the box crossed to the left to try again and pop top looked more like cold out of water fish flop! lol come down to knife edge and the plane sunk like a rock and I noticed no rudder control 2nd Pic is findings on the ground boy did i get lucky.

Attachments

• DSCF4128.JPG
    DSCF4128.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCF4136.JPG
    DSCF4136.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 199
Last edited: