• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
My last time out with my 104 was a bummer. It is not that I do not like or have issues with any particular member but I intentionally flew way out and up high as not to "disturb" the jealous. Made me nervous and ended up dead-sticking a hard landing (in the field that just got planted) cuz my left arm started shaking and I accidently hit the idle down. There was not one pilot there that can fly 3D but all of them got under the "shed" as if I was going to yard dart their head or something. I have decided to process and post the vid here so give me a bit to upload it. I say it again.....Jealous and Mean people SUCK!

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
The one advantage for me is that nobody flies with me! The CJs will have 4 or 5 planes up in the air at a time. As soon as I start mine, they all land. I don't think it's because of my awesome skills, I think it is because they are amazed that a plane will fly inverted, or spin so fast it's a blur, or hover. The grand finale is always landing on the actual runway, not ripping out the landing gear or breaking a prop, and taxiing all the way back to the pits! :laughing:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The one advantage for me is that nobody flies with me! The CJs will have 4 or 5 planes up in the air at a time. As soon as I start mine, they all land. I don't think it's because of my awesome skills, I think it is because they are amazed that a plane will fly inverted, or spin so fast it's a blur, or hover. The grand finale is always landing on the actual runway, not ripping out the landing gear or breaking a prop, and taxiing all the way back to the pits! :laughing:

Well as you will see in my vid I end up with the walk of "shame" all because "I" let something stupid get to me! lol
Tough plane though....Only a cracked left wheel pant and dirt in the cowl. The carbon business was unscathed! Here it is in my shop awaiting a deep cleaning.lol
Photo344.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Isn't it really odd that "those" making the most noise about the way we fly aerobatic planes or that, "oh, we're dangerous" are precisely the ones that are constantly permanently dirt napping their planes?
How'd you know he was a rekitter? Good thing is this gent is only around for a couple flights, if he doesn't crash, which happens OFTEN sadly, and then away he goes (COOL). I've listened to his whaaa whaaa whaaaa the last few times he's come out. I'm gonna try to avoid him, if he approaches me again with a wise azz comment, I will calmly address him, with take your crashing, pit buzzin and Foff. He not a bad guy, just grumpy I guess, but not gonna deal with fun police/buzz killer NO more. I'm gonna go climb back in bed get out the other side, see if I can lose this BAD attitude, before I get slapped.:msn_slap:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The new group of rule makers at our field crash way more than anyone else there. One of the board members averages about one a weekend. If he's not crashing, he's flying through the pits over your head.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Seems we all have "clubitis". From here on out I'm just mixing up a healthy dose of Redline and am gong to burn it up and never let this "itch" on my azz bother me again. I can say though and I wish you fellas too......It is like a paradise when me and my good flying buddy go out to the private field and no one there to cause a "buzzkill".