• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh, I know.....GRASS!!
Checkenballs grass copy.jpg

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Those are some awesome pictures and flying! So glad we don't have any pattern guys at our club, I've always found them to be really uptight and annoying to be around, just my experience. If it's not pattern guys, it's the safety nazis or some other nag. You done good, just ignore them, fly and have fun, they hate that! :attaboy:
I don't think it's just pattern guys, it's just some people aren't happy if your not doing what they are, or in general they just not happy, and don't want you to be. So many different niche's / area's to this hobby, and I could care less which one you enjoy, HELL I'll cheer for ya. Throw a damn brick and make airplane noises, if it makes ya happy, I say GO for it. Just as you mentioned, I ignored him, and FUNNY that seemed to piss him off more. GET YOU SUM OF DAT.
@ChickenBalls there is just one thing missing.......I can't quite put my finger on it......Hmmmmmm..........
GROUND??? DAMNU

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
@ChickenBalls , I agree completely, do what makes you happy! I don't have anything against any RC discipline, my issue is always with people that want to bring you down. Usually some serious stick banging down low hucking will shut them up! And if it doesn't, it makes me smile, which is why I'm there! But your pictures remind me that I need to have at least one plane with smoke, have to work on that!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
First Thank you to @stangflyer for not kidnapping Flossy, Bertha, and Big orange (got no name yet) 2nd this FOG left his granny panties at home today. It's nice to have @emtp275 there to push me to do more, and teach me. TO top it off, pattern guy had his panties in a wade today, but not even his wise azz crap could wipe smile off my face, I almost gave him a Foff, he lucky I'm in Happy Nirvana Nall mood. Thanks for pics Justin, and I would have got more of the Extra if you hadn't scared me:lol2:
Aaah Yeah...now we're talkin'. Good on ya Donnie.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
@ChickenBalls , I agree completely, do what makes you happy! I don't have anything against any RC discipline, my issue is always with people that want to bring you down. Usually some serious stick banging down low hucking will shut them up! And if it doesn't, it makes me smile, which is why I'm there! But your pictures remind me that I need to have at least one plane with smoke, have to work on that!
Smoke is fun, but bring your paper towels. I'm using a home brew, and probably don't have it set up correctly. I know this, that 20oz tank lasts long time, so I have my % down, but still getting some residue/mess on plane, mostly on left stab area. I may try some of the aero cumulus at Nall. I'm new to smoke, but I suggest seal all your edges VERY well, and make sure you clean up well after smoking. I keep a spray wax on plane, makes clean up easy. Thing is, you don't have to smoke every time out, but when ya want, there it is. Kids like it, and it makes old guys COOL. I say get a system, I may add it to another plane in the hanger, if I ever finish it.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't think it's just pattern guys, it's just some people aren't happy if your not doing what they are, or in general they just not happy, and don't want you to be. So many different niche's / area's to this hobby, and I could care less which one you enjoy, HELL I'll cheer for ya. Throw a damn brick and make airplane noises, if it makes ya happy, I say GO for it. Just as you mentioned, I ignored him, and FUNNY that seemed to piss him off more. GET YOU SUM OF DAT.

GROUND??? DAMNU
We've got a group of guys running my club right now that have sucked a lot of the fun out of it for me.
There's another club much closer to me, but the field is tiny. I may join anyway just to have an alternative.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
We've got a group of guys running my club right now that have sucked a lot of the fun out of it for me.
There's another club much closer to me, but the field is tiny. I may join anyway just to have an alternative.
Lucky we have a great group running our club. We did have some drama roll threw a few weeks ago, but the smoke has cleared (no pun intended) and we are better off for it. I think lots of clubs go threw some drama, just nature of the beast I guess.
Try to find a pattern these guys are keeping, AVOID em, Fly when they are not around, don't let em run you off. I don't know the whole situation, but telling em to Foff, or go pound sand, in the most respectful way you can, goes along way sometimes also.