• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Starting DA-150

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Oh, ok Yakken !! I can try that too !! Oh, I think I have a nimha battery I can put directly to it & see.
Thanks for that, much appreciated !!
John !

Hello yakken or anyone !! I did that test just now with a 6volt nimha on the ign. without the plugs in & the left boot sparks in there. Is that where my problem is ? !! I hope that's it cause I can change the boot, I think !!
Also, with this 6volt battery & the plugs in the boots, the spark looked much brighter than when going through my SmartFly & their reg.
Thanks again, John !!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have had trouble with regulators on my 150 it would start but not really run. Also with some small poly battery and regulars it would not run. Spoke to DA and they told me to run at least 1500 mAh battery nicad and try it the engine ran perfect all my problems went away. No regular for me on this engine.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
I have had trouble with regulators on my 150 it would start but not really run. Also with some small poly battery and regulars it would not run. Spoke to DA and they told me to run at least 1500 mAh battery nicad and try it the engine ran perfect all my problems went away. No regular for me on this engine.

Oh, now that's good to know to !! I'm going to get the new boots put on then start testing it all again with different batteries when I get the ignition back.
Thanks snoopy1 !!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I run a 2600mAh Li-Ion through a Sahara reg to drop it down to 6v.....going on 4th season now without a single hiccup.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
I run a 2600mAh Li-Ion through a Sahara reg to drop it down to 6v.....going on 4th season now without a single hiccup.

Thanks Earle !! Do you think because that one boot for the plug is sparking will cause the whole eng. not to start ? I'm trying to use the reg. that came with the SmartFly system & I think it regulates it down to under 6 volts but not sure.
Thanks again, John !!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Run all my other DA through a regulator that is made for ignition and works great for years but my 8 year old DA- 150 just will not and I have to run it on nicads. Do not really now why but it works.

sweetpea

100cc
Like most said.....

I'd try a full charged 6V battery with no reg. If it doesn't start after that........Send the whole thing to DA. They will fix it fast and simple and give you any updates.

I have an MPI reg on a DA ignition that is on a 3W motor (and those are cheapo regs) and mine works fine. SF are typically on the higher end, but it is always possible its bad....If you have a volt meter, run it inline from reg to ignition and see what volts its getting.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Run all my other DA through a regulator that is made for ignition and works great for years but my 8 year old DA- 150 just will not and I have to run it on nicads. Do not really now why but it works.

I think my eng. may be just like yours, ha !! Though I haven't got it running yet.
Thanks, John !!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Like most said.....

I'd try a full charged 6V battery with no reg. If it doesn't start after that........Send the whole thing to DA. They will fix it fast and simple and give you any updates.

I have an MPI reg on a DA ignition that is on a 3W motor (and those are cheapo regs) and mine works fine. SF are typically on the higher end, but it is always possible its bad....If you have a volt meter, run it inline from reg to ignition and see what volts its getting.

Thanks sweetpea !! I think I'm getting closer now as I'm sending the ign. to Milton to get both boots replaced . I do have a volt meter I can check that output voltage with & I will try to do that today !
Thanks again, John !!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Like most said.....

Sweetpea, I just tested the voltage going to the ign. & it reads 4.02 volts !! I should be ok there , I think !!
Thanks again !!