• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Starting DA-150

js-rc

70cc twin V2
When you connect the resister on left it puts a load on the battery and the regulator and when you do this the voltage will drop from the 5 volts a little if it drops more than 1/2 volt then something needs to changed. Hope this helps you.

Oh, I see what you mean now. I have a friend that is really knows electronics & he will be up here again maybe next month & can do that for me.
Thanks again !!
Oh, I see you live in Canada ! Some of us go to Buffalo, NY to fly at that fly-in, actually it's in Hamburg, NY. Do you happen to go to that one ? Just wondered !!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
No I do not but if you let me know when and where and what type of fly in is I will let you know if I can make that would be nice. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Buffalo.
Wow just looked at your location man I have driven by Ashtabula to Youngstown for business many many times.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
No I do not but if you let me know when and where and what type of fly in is I will let you know if I can make that would be nice. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Buffalo.
Wow just looked at your location man I have driven by Ashtabula to Youngstown for business many many times.

Oh, that's really something !! I was afraid you lived in some farther place than that !! I'll look up that event & let you know !! Ashtabula is where I grew up ! You should see the big meal they have on Saturday evening !! Also, a lot of guys from Canada used to come to that ! We used to get there Friday & come home Sunday. Ok, thanks again snoopy1 !! Get back to you !!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Snoopy1, I can't find it yet on the AMA site. I think they are The Flying Knights of Hamburg, NY. I think it was always in August too, but the AMA site has really changed & I can't find out a thing yet.

Here it is, I forgot it's a scale rally, not sure if they do the 3D or what. I haven't went in 5 yrs. now, but some of friends go every year.

http://www.theflyingknights.com/index.html

Last edited:

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Now I need to ask, since I found the one boot or plug cap sparking inside, will replacing the bad boot make the engine run, if it's getting gas ? I'm thinking the other cylinder should have tried to pop or start. We did see some small amount of smoke come out of the muffler on just the cylinder with the spark in the boot.
Thanks guys, any info would help & I sent it off to get both boots replaced !

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Happy Easter everyone !! I just came in from getting my engine running finally !! I couldn't believe I had to put the old ign. sensor on to get it to run. I got new boots put on the ign. as it was sparking in one of them but I also had a bran new ign. sensor on it that I got from DA earlier this year & it won't run with that new one. I flipped for a long time & when I put the old one back on, it started in 4 filps !! So now, it's onto finishing the C/G & fly it, of course that's after we get the field repaired from all the donuts they did on it last year, darn.

Just to add some more food to the thread. A friend of mine just aquired a 40% with a DA 150. He made arrangements with me today to meet up and get it started.

We meet up, I look over the entire airplane, note a couple things I personally would like to see different, nothing major. Onto the engine. Fuel it up, check throttle direction. Rock the prop back and forth about 20x. Choke off, check the butterfly, not wet... Ok, give it more flips and then check for wetness. Choke off, and flip like you mean it. Still no go.....

Ok, new tank..... Lets check for fuel flow.... Wouldnt flow, but once a little pressure hits the tank from the vent line, we have fuel flow. Plug the line back on the carb. Routine from above. I can see the fuel line, but still no fuel to the carb... No fuel on the choke butterfly. Ok, lets check carb diaphragms. Rear looks good. Try it again. Still no go. Pulled the front cover off, check the pumper, no holes, attached to the fork. Pushed on the fork to pull the metering needle out, nothing flowed, and then come the flood!! Put the pump cover back on, and 6 flips with choke on and we have a pop! 3 flips off choke and she is idling.

I have a happy buddy now with a running DA 150. Apparently, this engine was sent in, back in 2010 for a check up, but was never run since. So, I should have known or expected that the metering needle would have been stuck, and should have been one of the first places to check.

His maiden will be in 2 weeks.