• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

I just read on another thread on rcg that we have lost our friend Dave (lonelasso). God rest his soul and provide peace of mind to his family.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just read on another thread on rcg that we have lost our friend Dave (lonelasso). God rest his soul and provide peace of mind to his family.

Yes, truly sad. The last time I spoke with Dave on the phone, he had just finished his first hand surgery, and was gearing up for the second. Poor guy was hurting like mad, but had a positive outlook. RIP Dave, the pain is gone.

njswede

150cc
Such sad news. :( I hope you're in a place with a full of Slicks and devoid of pain. Go fly that heavenly 126" now and RIP!

njswede

150cc
I'm really starting to have fun with my 71" Slick now that it's a "free plane" and I can go a little crazy with it. So nice and floaty down low, but spins like a top in poptops when I get the timing right! The popsicle sticks and epoxy added a little weight, so I had to move the batteries back 1/2" to make it balance perfect. Other than that, it's just as new! Love it!

SnowDog

I'm jealous....my first flight of my 71 Slick ended up with a deadstick shortly after takeoff...fortunately no damage...was able to land it safely on the field.

I guess I need to tune my DLE-30 somewhat...it ran fine on the ground, but as soon as it got into the air...phhtt...the sound of silence.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Wow Mike if that happened at my field it could be a total loss depending how much altitude you gained. That is one thing that makes me jealous of the big grass fields. Once I am off the runway it is no mans land.

SnowDog

Wow Mike if that happened at my field it could be a total loss depending how much altitude you gained. That is one thing that makes me jealous of the big grass fields. Once I am off the runway it is no mans land.

yeah, that sure is one blessing of our big open field...lots of room to maneuver. I was lucky this time...as it was, I used the entire length of the field to get the plane down...you know how the 71" Slick loves to float!

njswede

150cc
Three hot rides. Only two are mine.
uploadfromtaptalk1401123323590.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: