• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

Tail heavy planes balloon up on landing due to the horizontal stab stalling before the wing....just sayin....

SteveT.

Thought that too. The inverted test does not indicate a tail heavy condition. I have moved the cg forward to experiment. May have to try moving it some more. As it is now it does fall when flying inverted hands off as I would expect.

njswede

150cc
I have a 70" Slick, 71" Slick and 72" Extra. All gas. The Slicks do land much easier that the Extra. My 72 Extra seems to want to balloon up when on final. I have to force it down. What does your Extra do that makes it harder to land?

Yeah, mine does the same. I have to use a lot of down elevator to make it come down. Not sure it's tail heavy, because it has none of that telltale twitching. I think it's just the way the plane flies.

wedoitall

I don't know if its all the Slicks but my 51 has a very tolerable CG range. Ive flown and landed it stable and no problems more on the rearward CG range a few times with some smaller lipos that I have. Other than climbing when doing an inverted test, there was a no huge difference in the way it handled.

ryan_m

100cc
so does the 71... have flown one extremely tailheavy, and it was easy as you please until you roll inverted and realize it's looping in about 50 feet. Would never have known it was tailheavy if I hadn't done that.

Feral

Pretty impressed with the mini Slick :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377996153218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377996153218.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 241

SnowDog

I can testify to the ruggedness of the mini-slick! I've watched Wamsy try to rip one apart on multiple occasions and it required pyrotechnics to finally make it happen :)

njswede

150cc
I thought I was about to lose my RC-mojo. But that was before I ran a few batteries through my 51". I love how that plane flies!!!