• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

Bipeguy03

150cc
Okay guys, I'm looking for a battery charger/tender to put in the trailer.. I plan to hard wire it to the switch above the work bench..

So what are you guys using? preferably something less that 120 bucks or so.

Thanks guys!

BalsaDust

Okay guys, I'm looking for a battery charger/tender to put in the trailer.. I plan to hard wire it to the switch above the work bench..

Thanks guys!

Ok so I have a battery tender brand trickle charger. It works great. I also have two of the little cheap like $7 units from harbor frieght. One stays on my mower and one stays on the battery I carry to the field to run my charger. Both of them have been running for two years now no problem. Not sure how they would hold up on a larger battery but on a little ole lawn tractor battery they hold up great.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Ok so I have a battery tender brand trickle charger. It works great. I also have two of the little cheap like $7 units from harbor frieght. One stays on my mower and one stays on the battery I carry to the field to run my charger. Both of them have been running for two years now no problem. Not sure how they would hold up on a larger battery but on a little ole lawn tractor battery they hold up great.

Does it have at least a 2 amp charge rate?

I wired up an outdoor outlet outside of my shop where I park the trailer, so my plan is the day before I'm going to use the trailer I get an extension cord plug it into the wall and then my ParkPower flip the switch in the trailer and charge the battery.

I do know that just a straight tender will actually ruin a deep cycle battery if you try to use it charge a dead battery. So I need something that will charge and automatically shut off or go into being a tender when the battery is charged..

Bipeguy03

150cc
Well got a charger and a panel mounted volt meter on the way...

Also, going to add a relay and a main power switch so that with the flip of a switch I can completely turn off the battery and slow down the non use drain.

Thanks guys!
http://www.amazon.com/PowerMax-PM3-...=1439164791&sr=8-1&keywords=Power+max+charger

This is what I'm using.high amps to charge your batteries in your trailer and it will maintain your trailer battery charge level. Been using mine all summer and it works perfectly.

Built a bunk bed set up for the trailer for my son and I for Nall.:) Plenty of room now for a blow up mattress on the floor and another on the bunk/platform. Plus can still carry a couple of planes up in the mid-deck with plenty of storage under the bunk. More importantly we have room to move around in the front of the trailer without stumbling over each other. :D Getting Pumped Up!:mario-banana:

Attachments

• 20160318_192712.jpg
    20160318_192712.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 402
  • 20160318_192745.jpg
    20160318_192745.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 394

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Built a bunk bed set up for the trailer for my son and I for Nall.:) Plenty of room now for a blow up mattress on the floor and another on the bunk/platform. Plus can still carry a couple of planes up in the mid-deck with plenty of storage under the bunk. More importantly we have room to move around in the front of the trailer without stumbling over each other. :D Getting Pumped Up!:mario-banana:
Hmmm.....only one problemo I see with that. Where do I sleep? Sheesh..... :spongebob:
Nall is not that far away now is it. Wow....