• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

yakken

100cc
also with that many miles make sure your radiator isnt stopped up with bugs and dirt. check to make sure your engine fan is working correctly.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have a 16' x 7' Lark Trailer, with a ramp door, and two 40% airplanes, not more than 500 pounds total.

I was considering getting a new truck, anyone have any advice on that?
GMC vs Chevy Silverado vs Ford F-150

I drive an F350 SWB and love it. A diesel will get you a 1/3 of a million miles. Mine has 250k+and runs like the day I bought it new.

Although I saw a commercial today where Ford has 0% APR for 72 months. :rolleyes: But mine runs so well I probably will wait another year or 2.

I have a 16' x 7' Lark Trailer, with a ramp door, and two 40% airplanes, not more than 500 pounds total of weight in the trailer.

It has a V-nose,
for the past 2 years, I will travel to 8 to 10 events per year, mostly IMAC competitions.

What I have noticed, if ambient temp is in 80's or higher, and my AC is on, as I travel up a grade, the motor temp, as well as tranny temp goes up.

If ambient temp is over 90, and with AC off, as I travel at 60 MPH and over a grade, temps go up as well.

And if ambient temp is over 100 F, not good!!

I have a 2008 Escalade ESV with tow package, and 160,000 miles.
I have changed tranny fluid, oil, and coolant 2 months ago.
Still has this problem.

It does have a tranny oil cooler.

Anyone know what else I can do?

View attachment 85318

Try a cooler thermostat. They typically come with 185 or 195F temp thermostats.

It is very possible that your radiator is plugged up, from the outside, thru the fins. Could also need a flush and fill. Wouldn't hurt to have the transmission serviced as well.

My '14 F-150 with the 3.7L V6Pulls my 6x14 V Nose well. I just don't get in any hurry when going places with my trailer. Temps never exceed normal operating, even climbing steep grades.

Alky6

150cc
I have a 16' x 7' Lark Trailer, with a ramp door, and two 40% airplanes, not more than 500 pounds total of weight in the trailer.

It has a V-nose,
for the past 2 years, I will travel to 8 to 10 events per year, mostly IMAC competitions.

What I have noticed, if ambient temp is in 80's or higher, and my AC is on, as I travel up a grade, the motor temp, as well as tranny temp goes up.

If ambient temp is over 90, and with AC off, as I travel at 60 MPH and over a grade, temps go up as well.

Still has this problem.

View attachment 85318
Sounds like the transmission isn't locking out the torque converter. I would agree with others here, if you are going to do a lot of traveling to contest, a diesel is right up that alley. I love my chevy duramax. 196,000 miles on it still pulls strong, it is 15 years old started looking but will probably try to hold on to it a bit longer. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the three (GM, ford, dodge). If you are really wed to a half ton, you might consider dodge's eco diesel 1/2 ton. Plenty to pull your small trailer with some really really impressive fuel mileage.

It has a V-nose,

It has a V-nose,

Still has this problem.

View attachment 85318
Put a bigger trans cooler on it, and possibly one with a fan too. Heat is the #1 killer of transmissions. Plus I have been a fan of the Chevy brand all my life, but if considering a new truck, look at Ford with the Ecoboost they are very impressive, and load are loaded with very nice features.

Still has this problem.

View attachment 85318