• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 76" MXS-R

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Really nice flying Brian! that plane really excels at the stuff you threw at it!!

I love four point rolls and rolling harriers with it as well. I saw some rolling harriers. Did you get a chance to try out 4 points or slow rolls with it?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Im pretty sure he did some slow rolls during the warm up flight prior to the video, didn't realize none had made it into the recorded flight.

Really nice flying Brian! that plane really excels at the stuff you threw at it!!

I love four point rolls and rolling harriers with it as well. I saw some rolling harriers. Did you get a chance to try out 4 points or slow rolls with it?

I did get to do some precision with it prior to the video flight. It seemed pretty happy doing it, and I believe it would have even been better with a slightly more neutral to forward CG setting.

Thanks
Brian

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
What follows is just my 2-cents with no disrespect to any of the parties mentioned in this post, including RedwingRC because I really only have great things to say about Brian and Gary. Nothing is directed at this plane. Great flying in the video for sure.

I have had the pleasure to watch Brian and Gary fly several times. One thing I know for sure is that the Joe's, the Daniels and the Yak Dudes of the world can put together a great looking flight with just about every plane posted in a 3D forum. Gary I would love to see "you" fly these planes, un-edited and flying the same mix of maneuvers to see just how consistent the plane really is. Your flying reflects way more the way we fly. It is still okay to have Brian fly and show his video to get the full potential but call it the "Pro and the Joe's Series". I have had planes that I saw Joe fly awesome KE spins that I could only get locked in 2 out of 5 times. This is the kind of review I would love to see. And for the great flyers out there, please skip the music and lets get the raw feel and sound of the flight. There is a lot for us to learn by listening to the timing.
Flame away :peace:

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
What follows is just my 2-cents with no disrespect to any of the parties mentioned in this post, including RedwingRC because I really only have great things to say about Brian and Gary. Nothing is directed at this plane. Great flying in the video for sure.

I have had the pleasure to watch Brian and Gary fly several times. One thing I know for sure is that the Joe's, the Daniels and the Yak Dudes of the world can put together a great looking flight with just about every plane posted in a 3D forum. Gary I would love to see "you" fly these planes, un-edited and flying the same mix of maneuvers to see just how consistent the plane really is. Your flying reflects way more the way we fly. It is still okay to have Brian fly and show his video to get the full potential but call it the "Pro and the Joe's Series". I have had planes that I saw Joe fly awesome KE spins that I could only get locked in 2 out of 5 times. This is the kind of review I would love to see. And for the great flyers out there, please skip the music and lets get the raw feel and sound of the flight. There is a lot for us to learn by listening to the timing.

As soon as I have my car back, I'll have flight of my Redwing Slick posted and my buddy Paul (prebres) will have his MXSR posted. :D

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
There's actually a lot of average flyers videos out there already. I'll see if I can find some but you can get some on you tube. unfortunately many are maidens where they just stay high and it's quite boring. But I agree! I think this is helpful to see as well. Luckily, it makes ok pilots look quite good!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Here's a maiden (seems most guys record their first flight and I guess get tired of bringing the camera later!) But watch the landing at 8:50. That tells you a lot (how much if floats). you can also see how well it tracks even on his first flight was very comfortable with it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfOvFZ1sprw

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2

I do understand what you mean. But a lot of it just takes a lot of time. A lot of guys just like to get new stuff all the time instead of putting 100s of flights on an airframe to learn it. Granted some guys, like the ones you mentioned, can fly anything and make it look good the first time. A part of that is guys, like Brian let's say, fly so many different airframes it just becomes natural what to expect. I fly almost every plane at our field for guys when they are new. Flown a lot of different models. But it takes time.

Last edited by a moderator:
... unfortunately many are maidens where they just stay high and it's quite boring.
Yes, like mine. LOL

[video=youtube;PKJzzMLG4Mk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKJzzMLG4Mk[/video]

Not only is it high and boring, and suffering fuel-system issues, but my wheels squeak to boot! :facepalm:
I gotta say though, I'm really excited about this plane and looking forward to my next outing (with greased wheels and a new fuel tank ;))

Last edited by a moderator: