• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 76" MXS-R

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got a little work done on the lightening tonite.
Repositioned the power board under the fuel tray where the bottom access panel is. This is a little further forward to help with CG. Also, lengthen the wires and resoldered the deans connectors to allow for forward battery placement as Tim recommended.

Placed a piece of shock absorbing foam under the board, and attached it to the plane with a few tie straps.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384315104.835204.jpg

Plenty of length on power wires, and more room on the tray without the smoke tank.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384315206.501364.jpg

Also, removed the heavy smoke muffler, and installed the lighter factory muffler:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384315242.100624.jpg

Next up, reroute the wires to the underside, and close up this lighter plane. :)

Real curious on how well this plane 3D's after the lightening. Other lightening ideas might be to ditch the power box. Not sure what your battery setup is, but either run a small ignition battery (1250ma) or use an IBEF... have used them a lot and never had an issue. I think they are a lot more applicable for smaller planes.

I have had the DLE30. Nice engine. I changed to OS GT33. Sorry to say, but MUCH better. There is a guy who did some testing with several engines in a plane this size. First the DLE, then EME, then the VVRC twin 40. His flying videos are great. He seems to love the VVRC 40. Looks sluggish to me, but seems to pull out great. I have been having a staring contest with this plane. It is gorgeous. I really want one! If I build, I will try the OS GT again or the cheaper EME which looks to perform great. OR if DA ever releases their 35!!

Anyway.... just my 2.5 cents!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Real curious on how well this plane 3D's after the lightening. Other lightening ideas might be to ditch the power box. Not sure what your battery setup is, but either run a small ignition battery (1250ma) or use an IBEF... have used them a lot and never had an issue. I think they are a lot more applicable for smaller planes.

I have had the DLE30. Nice engine. I changed to OS GT33. Sorry to say, but MUCH better. There is a guy who did some testing with several engines in a plane this size. First the DLE, then EME, then the VVRC twin 40. His flying videos are great. He seems to love the VVRC 40. Looks sluggish to me, but seems to pull out great. I have been having a staring contest with this plane. It is gorgeous. I really want one! If I build, I will try the OS GT again or the cheaper EME which looks to perform great. OR if DA ever releases their 35!!

Anyway.... just my 2.5 cents!

We'll find out later today! Heading out with our demo pilot Brian Strachan to get some video!
We'll also be doing some head to head testing of the Redwing's new 19x8 Xion CF prop vs a 19x8 Falcon CF.
Should be fun!

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
We'll find out later today! Heading out with our demo pilot Brian Strachan to get some video!
We'll also be doing some head to head testing of the Redwing's new 19x8 Xion CF prop vs a 19x8 Falcon CF.
Should be fun!

Good luck! :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
Plane flew great, got a killer video... Will try to upload it tonight. Plane was slightly tail heavy, but Brian had fun with it that way.
No joy on the Xion prop today, one of the bolt holes I drilled was very slightly off :(

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Plane flew great, got a killer video... Will try to upload it tonight. Plane was slightly tail heavy, but Brian had fun with it that way.
No joy on the Xion prop today, one of the bolt holes I drilled was very slightly off :(

Mine was the same way, weird. I just used a slightly larger bit.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have found that even with the DA/DLE drill guide I don't get them perfect unless I still use my drill press. If I hand drill through the guide there is always one hole that needs a little adjustment.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have found that even with the DA/DLE drill guide I don't get them perfect unless I still use my drill press. If I hand drill through the guide there is always one hole that needs a little adjustment.

I used my new drill press :( :(