• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 76" MXS-R

DonQ8401

30cc
Yes, we have had the MXS-R in electric setup. You can see a bunch of them at.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Redwing-RC/102510259799482

Recommend the electric setup RedwingRC provides for 30cc in their website if you want to go electric.

I was a die hard electric large plane guy, but the MXS-R and DLE-35RA changed me. Now I have my first 100c plane sitting in my garage.

John, you are going to love it!!!!!!!!!!!! It was fun meeting you and all the other customers. Cheers

Alex

SnowDog

Mines ready to go...just need decent weather...perhaps this weekend...Saturday is supposed to be sunny, mid-50's, and winds 8-10.

:flyer:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Snowdog,

Do we have pictures of your plane on our RedwingRC Facebook site?

DonQ

I'm not Snowdog but his is the one this thread is about. The initial flights and review were done here in Texas, and then the plane forwarded on to Snowdog for further flying and review updates.

SnowDog

Snowdog,

Do we have pictures of your plane on our RedwingRC Facebook site?

DonQ

he he...what Gary said...the short answer (although not the obvious answer) is yes! :)

But Gary didn't put the RedwingRC stickers on the plane; I'm gonna do that and send you some updated pictures!

And when I get my next RedwingRC plane, I'll send you pics of that as well! :D :D

(check your online orders from today) :flyer:

Ken Cz

30cc
Anyone have any idea what the 2 flat Ultracote covered panels about 2x2 inches are for = plus the 4 metal angle brackets?

They have angled slots in them so I am assuming they are an alternate method of mounting the aileron servos in the wing and out of sight with only the servo arm exposed.

Anyone else run into this? Which way did you go? I am afraid to cut the covering out in the wing and then find out there is no feature in wing to screw (4) the cover to??

Mine may be an older unit as my horns are not prepainted as the build thread shows.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Anyone have any idea what the 2 flat Ultracote covered panels about 2x2 inches are for = plus the 4 metal angle brackets?

They have angled slots in them so I am assuming they are an alternate method of mounting the aileron servos in the wing and out of sight with only the servo arm exposed.

Anyone else run into this? Which way did you go? I am afraid to cut the covering out in the wing and then find out there is no feature in wing to screw (4) the cover to??

Mine may be an older unit as my horns are not prepainted as the build thread shows.

I don't remember those extra pieces in my kit when I built it, sorry.