• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 76" MXS-R

gyro

GSN Contributor
Time to Build another airplane! This time, it's the 76" MXS-R from Redwing RC.

More setup and equipment details will be provided as we advance in the build and finalize our choices.

Finished unboxing and inventorying the MXS-R:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381291808.049876.jpg

Some nice goodies in here... Love the spinner!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381291846.899800.jpg

One of the most beautiful cowls!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381291828.783161.jpg

Even on the build stand, this plane looks FAST!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381291881.683064.jpg

Stay tuned for more coming this weekend :D

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
She's a beauty. I can't decide if I want one of those or a Yak 55m after I get my Slick to the sweet spot.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Jw - both MXSR and Yak fly great. I have a personal love for the MXSR as we put a LOT into making sure that one flies good. And she does! But they both do different things better. and everything VERY well. Can't go wrong with either

gyro

GSN Contributor
Had some personal issues come up this week, and didn't get anything done...
So time to step aside and let another pro have at it!

My local "Master Builder" Drew (gapple12) is going to help us out with the build...
But just to make it interesting, and make up for the delay, I'm going to spice this project up a little...

How about adding some smoke to this bird!?!?

I've got a DLE 30, smoke muffler, Sullivan Skywriter, 16oz smoke tank (which DOES fit side by side with the 16oz fuel tank on the fuel tray), and a gallon of Aero Cumulus smoke oil...

You ready Drew?

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
My buddy just built one of these and posted a video series of the build to YouTube. His username is prebres. Check him out to compare notes and techniques.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
He and I are trying to coordinate doing maidens on the same day so that we can get footage of both his MXSR and my Slick. I like his colors too. They fit in well here in Pittsburgh.