• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 76" MXS-R

wedoitall

What follows is just my 2-cents with no disrespect to any of the parties mentioned in this post, including RedwingRC because I really only have great things to say about Brian and Gary. Nothing is directed at this plane. Great flying in the video for sure.

I have had the pleasure to watch Brian and Gary fly several times. One thing I know for sure is that the Joe's, the Daniels and the Yak Dudes of the world can put together a great looking flight with just about every plane posted in a 3D forum. Gary I would love to see "you" fly these planes, un-edited and flying the same mix of maneuvers to see just how consistent the plane really is. Your flying reflects way more the way we fly. It is still okay to have Brian fly and show his video to get the full potential but call it the "Pro and the Joe's Series". I have had planes that I saw Joe fly awesome KE spins that I could only get locked in 2 out of 5 times. This is the kind of review I would love to see. And for the great flyers out there, please skip the music and lets get the raw feel and sound of the flight. There is a lot for us to learn by listening to the timing.
Flame away :peace:

+abillion

DonQ8401

30cc
Ok guys I have the MXSR with a DLE35RA and I want to make it a 3 blade airplane. I am looking for ideas inputs and suggestions. If you say no please have a valid reason not just. " It wont work..." Cheers

DonQ

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Ok guys I have the MXSR with a DLE35RA and I want to make it a 3 blade airplane. I am looking for ideas inputs and suggestions. If you say no please have a valid reason not just. " It wont work..." Cheers

DonQ

Interesting idea Don. I don't think anyone is going to tell you it won't work. I am wondering how you are hoping the plane is going to fly. If you are planning to sport fly and want a fast plane I don't see why you can't set it up that way.

As far as 3d flying it is a questionable choice because a 3 blade prop is less efficient and the diameter will be smaller making less airflow over the control surfaces.

If you decide to do it please post some pics as Im sure Im not the only one that would love to see it :)

SnowDog

I have to agree with Nate...you certainly can do it, the question is, will the plane fly to your expectations, and that of course, as Nate mentioned, is the question....how do you want it to fly?

I have the MXSR and a DLE-35RA that I'm mounting on the front. I'm planning on using a Xoar Beechwood 19x8 for breakin and a Xoar Beechwood 20x8 after that. My expectation is a desire to work on a mix of 3D and precision flying with this plane.

DonQ8401

30cc
Snow dog my setup is a DLE 35RA with a 20x8 Xoar Silver "Sword" . It is awesome and matches my red paint scheme... I just want to make it into a 3 blade for looks. I know it sounds stupid but I just want it. I do more sport flying than 3D, but damn its gotta look hot...

DonQ

SnowDog

You will get that for sure...I love how a three blade prop looks...post some pics and info on the spinner etc :)

SnowDog

Anyone try this airplane with an electric set up? Not sure I want to go with gas set up.

Thanks,
John

I haven't heard of anyone doing an electric setup, but I know that Ken at subsonicplanes.net has a variety of electric motors that would be suitable for the job. Do you have an existing motor you want to put on it, or would you purchase everything for it?

The AUW is 11lbs so with a 76" wingspan, it should fly just fine on electric.

btw Welcome to our site!

Jmiceli11

New to GSN!
I actually got the red deal combo while at the Toledo show. So I have a DLE 35. I have never flown gas but I have flown lots of large electrics. I have everything to go electric but the motor.

Thanks,
John

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
If you decide to go ahead with the gas setup you couldn't have picked a nicer motor to cut your gas teeth on! My 35 has been a real pleasure to work with. Mostly, it just works! :D