• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Putting the Scale back in Scale Aerobatics

Scale Division of IMAC

• Im interested. Let's discuss this.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, its all about precision not looks.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Yes, I'm all for it.

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
My great respect to a all IMAC pilots world wide.
As an IMAC pilot I think IMAC is all about flying...and friends. and not just any flying, it takes you every day you FLY to new breaking levels flights.
You can see it by the first ever sequence that was flown and the ones we have now.
All that was made by flying.

IMAC is, by the method it works now, a true evolution in model flying aircraft.
A true revolutionary, autodidacts way of flying, and the beauty of it, it Challenge you every time again and again.
Adding more criteria will make us fly less, and by that stay an average pilot.
Doing it together will make us split our time between two major criteria, building and flying. Less flying less skill.
Adding a power to the scale...
Less power, less maneuvers, less maneuvers less flying skills.
That's my 2c

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
So how do we go about this topic?
Like to see a Scale Class in IMAC with judging both on the ground and in the air.
Scale Airframes flown in a Scale manner.

Hey Brian,

When I mentioned this concept in another thread, my intentions have NOTHING to do with IMAC. This would be something completely different. It would not integrate into IMAC today, as they are way too far apart at this point.

I'll have more information together in the next few weeks. I probably shouldn't have said anything about it until I had something completely together as a clear concept.

Wayne and Jerry are right, IMAC needs more do'ers for what they have today.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
It makes for an interesting debate none the less, and its good to see the interest on scale flight and airframes hasn't lost any passion.
Myself, im going to work on a freestyle performance based on an actual airshow routine and call myself happy.
And I fully believe an EMHW airframe ( in the right hands) can and will compete at an imac event and win.
Interested to see what you have brewing. And thanks.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I would LOVE to see a scale torque roll done in RC....with the plane backing down vertically while rolling (with smoke of course). I don't think I've ever seen one done with an RC plane.....so Brian, there's your challenge to add to your scale freestyle!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Very interesting thread guys.

It's great to see the free flow of ideas and opinions both pro and con. I don't fly IMAC even though I am very interested in it. There just isn't anything nearby and at this point in my life I just can't do much traveling to events. Maybe someday.

My useless 2 cents worth, since I don't compete is that it's an awesome idea.

Anyone that flew Giant Scale years ago know what it's like to fly without the huge power we make today. I was a lot different that's for sure. A 20+ pound Extra 230 with a Sachs Dolmar 3.2 was a powerhouse in it's day, but it's a flying anvil now.

Extra230Small2.JPG
Extra230Small.JPG

Wacobipe

100cc
Very interesting thread guys.

It's great to see the free flow of ideas and opinions both pro and con. I don't fly IMAC even though I am very interested in it. There just isn't anything nearby and at this point in my life I just can't do much traveling to events. Maybe someday.

My useless 2 cents worth, since I don't compete is that it's an awesome idea.

Anyone that flew Giant Scale years ago know what it's like to fly without the huge power we make today. I was a lot different that's for sure. A 20+ pound Extra 230 with a Sachs Dolmar 3.2 was a powerhouse in it's day, but it's a flying anvil now.

View attachment 12702 View attachment 12703
I think today's power is intoxicating....but I kinda wish more planes flew on the wing and not just prop....I feel we lose something when there is unlimited power to get anyone out of jams (and we undoubtedly gain an entire genre of 3D because of it). My personal focus is flying as scale a flight as I can, every flight....and that means I spend very little team anywhere near full throttle.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
It makes for an interesting debate none the less, and its good to see the interest on scale flight and airframes hasn't lost any passion.
Myself, im going to work on a freestyle performance based on an actual airshow routine and call myself happy.
And I fully believe an EMHW airframe ( in the right hands) can and will compete at an imac event and win.
Interested to see what you have brewing. And thanks.

Could be... Maybe even with a scale sounding Valach 4 stroke... And smoke on the whole sequence. Lol

I'm in.

Scale Size?
then scale power...

then scale weight.

Minimum weight for a 40% Extra 300.... 555lbs.

So, yep.. all scale :)

Pitts Model 12? Minimum weight 900lbs!