• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Putting the Scale back in Scale Aerobatics

Scale Division of IMAC

• Im interested. Let's discuss this.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, its all about precision not looks.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Yes, I'm all for it.

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Has everyone noticed that even though there are many different opinions on the subject that the thread has stayed respectful? It's great to have a place where people can discuss and even disagree without it devolving into name calling. A big +1 for GSN!

Amen! I wonder how long we can continue the vibe?

BJ Swope

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
forever and ever........MultiRotorForums.com is into the fifth year and still going strong promoting the same healthy vibe that we're promoting here.

IT..........CAN.........BE...........DONE!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I respectfully disagree with some of the comments posted by individuals who admittedly have NOT ever flown IMAC. I am really not sure how one can come to such conclusions without some first-hand experience???

I respectfully disagree with some of the comments posted by individuals who admittedly have NOT ever flown IMAC. I am really not sure how one can come to such conclusions without some first-hand experience???

I agree with your disagreement of the said subject.

tl3

50cc
Yup, what he said.

tl3

50cc
I can't speak for Earle, but I find it frustrating and disappointing when folks who admittedly do not and have not participated in an organization or event make blanket statements about such as though they possess firsthand knowledge. Statements like this:
"MOST participants in IMAC are MODELERS first and have very little experience with IAC competition and the aircraft that participate in IAC. They have "grown" to recognize the popular IMAC platforms as an "Extra" or an "Edge", only because that is the representation of that aircraft that they actually see at the field week in and week out. The same holds true for IMAC participants' judging of the actual maneuvers; they base their opinions (scores) on what they see at the field every weekend, not necessarily on how the maneuver is supposed to be flown in the full-scale world at an IAC competition."

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
I can't speak for Earle, but I find it frustrating and disappointing when folks who admittedly do not and have not participated in an organization or event make blanket statements about such as though they possess firsthand knowledge. Statements like this:
"MOST participants in IMAC are MODELERS first and have very little experience with IAC competition and the aircraft that participate in IAC. They have "grown" to recognize the popular IMAC platforms as an "Extra" or an "Edge", only because that is the representation of that aircraft that they actually see at the field week in and week out. The same holds true for IMAC participants' judging of the actual maneuvers; they base their opinions (scores) on what they see at the field every weekend, not necessarily on how the maneuver is supposed to be flown in the full-scale world at an IAC competition."

I am sorry that you find it disappointing and discouraging.

What I find disappointing and discouraging is when others try to discredit my opinion and observations by making statements like, "admittedly do not and have not participated in an organization or event make blanket statements about such as though they possess firsthand knowledge."

First, please get your facts straight. I merely stated that I had never COMPETED in an IMAC event, not that I had never participated. Judges are participants, so are the volunteers that help run and coordinate the events. Heck, even a mere spectator possesses first-hand knowledge!

Second, (even though I CLEARLY stated that my ramblings were my observations and opinions) is it really your belief that MOST participants in IMAC were IAC competitors first and possess more knowledge of the full-scale aircraft that their model represents than they do of the model itself?

Third, (since your post clearly indicates that you not only disagree with my opinion, but that you have FACTS that would PROVE otherwise) is it also your belief that IMAC judges have more experience with full-scale IAC events than they do judging and flying IMAC?

I admit that I do not know it all, and one of the ways I learn is from surrounding myself with folks that are more knowledgeable than I am on any given subject that I am interested or involved in (that is a big reason I am a member here!).

tl3, instead of making untrue remarks toward another members' post here, please enlighten us with your knowledge and experience by providing some facts, info., data, or heck, even YOUR opinion and experience in the matter. I would be surprised if your experience regarding the two questions above really differed from mine.

Regards,

Astro