• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop database.

Just added one Lojik! Very very easy to use and quick so it's a win. People will definitely contribute dueto how easy it is to help out by adding info.

Schweeeet product with a very cool end result!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Back end is a little bit fiddly till i get used to it and data starts populating, if its a new prop or engine it takes me about 1min per entry to add it, if its an existing prop and engine combo then its about 5 seconds of work per entry

Lets hope Google doesn't have a fit over the data usage haha

I'll still be on the lookout for a better quality database system that has a user profile page so you can "save" your fav prop combos and view them online if you ever forget

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Hi Guys,

Can i get a few guys to check out the below form and let me know if the questions make sense and its easy enough to complete without feeling overbearing?

some feedback on it as well would be awesome, do you want more variables in the ratings or less?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YV...1hErgvWAc/viewform?usp=send_form#start=invite

the form will be embedded in a site so ignore aesthetics for now just layout of questions and format

Hi all, my apologies for tagging you in advance, I have noticed you have given examples of propeller combos you like on this thread and would highly appreciate if you could help me build up the RC Prop database by adding your experiences to the above form

If you have any questions, queries or suggestions with the form, good or bad I would be grateful to hear them

@witchfingers
@ericb
@reyn3545
@emtp275
@Terryscustom
@SleepyC
@Knife-Edge
@yakpilot
@TazmanianDevil
@Enterprise
@Decal Dennis
@ThePledge

If anyone would like to forward the link onto others in the hobby that is ok by me, I will be checking over any entries that are not linked to a GSN name with a finer tooth comb than normal but happy to take all input even from outside GSN, Just please don't link on a overly large public forum as the system is not ready for 100 entries per day "yet".

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Yes.... for now

I think adding electric setups just yet will be too much work load with the manual form system, maybe down the line when I get a good relational database running I can add that option

Roger that, Lojik.

I have a couple IMAC props for the DA170. I'll drop them on the Db in a few. Check out the one I just entered when you get a chance. Trying to enter a Mecjlik 28.5 x 12 3 blade. I may have entered it wrong but wasn't sure how to choose "other" on the "width" line and also see a box where I could enter the special width. The pitch line was ready to take a value but I wasn't sure if I should put width there. So, I entered the prop dimensions in the bottom area. I think I did it right.

Last edited:

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Oops, 28.5 x 12 3 blade Mej is what it is. Not a Vess "B" prop. Maybe some call a 12 pitch a "B?"

Thanks I have added the option " Mejzlik Carbon 3BL" to note if its a 3 blade prop then people can choose sizes as per normal, I also added 28.5 in width category and 12.5 in pitch catagory

your entry should be live in 5min on the site