• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop database.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
What about an input for exhaust? Some engine/pipe combos give a huge increase in torque/rpm to the point a decent prop on one exhaust is under/overproped on another setup.

Hmm didn't think about that

I can add the option to state if its Stock / Cans / Tuned pipe, at least limiting it to 3 options will help with controlling the data but leaving it open to branded pipes will make this a very complicated sheet for googledocs to process in a viewable manner

thoughts?

Thanks @Rolling.Circle

I will get the mods done for muffler choice and then link you the input form

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I might have to move this database to another format, googledocs gets very limited when we start adding a 3rd variable into the mix, I have a website so i might look at moving this to caspiobridge and hosting it via wordpress.

I can make it work in google docs just might need to rethink how the data is displayed

Hmm didn't think about that

I can add the option to state if its Stock / Cans / Tuned pipe, at least limiting it to 3 options will help with controlling the data but leaving it open to branded pipes will make this a very complicated sheet for googledocs to process in a viewable manner

thoughts?

I know how easy data get's out of control:)

Even cans/muffler and tuned pipe being separated into two categories would be great. The cans/mufflers should like the same props. I get the idea this is intended to compare props more than engines or pipes? You're aggregating the data rather than listing each individual report?

Looks sweet!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Yes the data viewable on the front page is aggregated, its a shame googledocs doesn't yet hold the ability to allow multiuser individual functionality without making a copy of the whole database, it would be so much nicer if people could filter to their hearts content on the front page without effecting other users, filter views is ok for group work but not for public viewing

I am contemplating moving it all to my wordpress site and using the free version of caspio to generate the data in a more "searchable" and filterable manner but that would involve allot more time, tempting though and probably easier to maintain in the long run

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Yes the domain is being hosted through my local provider (Panthur) similar to godaddy but superior services and I already run a website through them, the prop database will be hitching a ride on my current web plan so currently it effectively is costing me nothing (apart from the $14 a year for the domain) to host as I'm already paying for my host plan, if down the line it takes off exponentially and I need more bandwidth or space I'll look at hosting it on its own package but that's future thinking.

For now I just want a solid, usable and friendly database system for all to use

I'm still searching for a free or super cheap online database program similar to Caspio, I was going to use Caspio but the free version does not allow aggregation or calculations which would be essential to this database

I will still keep the Googledoc version up to date as its a good base to work off and test parameters

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Just a small update for you guys, domain is locked in, base template is now set and I'm working on aesthetics, database is now fully embed into the website so will run direct from the site but back-end work is all done in googledocs. should be ready to have some test runs end of this week maybe start of next