• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop database.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
That will an issue as the data on those pages is aggregated and to culminate two different pieces of data into one box will be too much for googledocs to handle, does the Thrust change much from Max RPM and measured Max Thrust?, I could add a note on the bottom advising that "Please note thrust figures are an average of maximum thrust submitted and not related to Max RPM shown"

That should suffice to annotate the thrust data. The actual thrust at 7200 has not been measured but would be insignificant for purposes of accuracy. I seriously doubt any gain in thrust could be accurately realized from only a 200 rpm gain.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Website is live, just need to get word out now so people can start submitting data, form is all live on the website.

Been checking the report once a day to see if there is any new entries but none yet.

I will work on making the site nicer as time goes on

So are you manually approving submissions? If so wow, that's nice of you to screen data coming in.

The process is intuitive. Looks really nice.

Will the underlying data be view-able/expandable or just the average?

I've got an oddball issue with my submission. The stock OS 33 muffler restricts RPM by about 600 so after installing a Jtec I'm getting way more RPM and this will throw the average off as more submissions come in.

While this is a legitimate report it would be nice to be able to see an exploded list of all reports for an engine/prop/exhaust combo to be able to identify possible outliers.

A possible solution if an exploded list could be generated could be a field for a note covering any relevant install details like exhaust brand, header length etc..

Just brainstorming, I know how quickly things get complicated when you start adding more features.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I think site is pretty darn good, most of us realize each thrust measurement is subject to the individual doing the testing. I have entered two props thus far for the Valach 170 and have had no issue other than the "other" selection. One has been added but that "other" needs to be added to the prop sizes as well. The sizes listed stop short on pitch for what I am running. Although adding additional larger numbers would alleviate adding "other".