• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop database.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions for the site please let me know

how is the layout?
is it easy to use or complicated?
is it self intuitive or needed some thinking?

I am going to get some gfx done for the top banner and have a small unobtrusive advert banner (for rc related sites only) above data but below the menu

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions for the site please let me know

how is the layout?
is it easy to use or complicated?
is it self intuitive or needed some thinking?

I am going to get some gfx done for the top banner and have a small unobtrusive advert banner (for rc related sites only) above data but below the menu

I just submitted some info on the EME 60 and Mejzlik 24x8th carbon.
The end WOT value would benefit if it had a thrust measurement to follow with it. I personally like knowing how much thrust I can expect from an engine and prop combo. Thank you sir for starting the data base.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I just submitted some info on the EME 60 and Mejzlik 24x8th carbon.
The end WOT value would benefit if it had a thrust measurement to follow with it. I personally like knowing how much thrust I can expect from an engine and prop combo. Thank you sir for starting the data base.

Great suggestions 49, I will see what I can do with regards to thrust figures

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I think I will remove the "Value" rating for the system and replace this with the Thrust rating, I believe Value is very perspective and differs depending on your own financial situations and feeling of what is good or bad value

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I think I will remove the "Value" rating for the system and replace this with the Thrust rating, I believe Value is very perspective and differs depending on your own financial situations and feeling of what is good or bad value

That is a very good idea. Value is very subjective.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thanks, can you let me know if the EME section data is easily readable for thrust or should i represent it in an alternate manner?
I would represent the thrust value with the associated rpm. The rpm value I supplied was "peak" for the ambient conditions I was in at the time and could be misleading. The 7200 was that peak value. The thrust was measured at 7000rpm. I always rich the high needle a couple hundred rpm after establishing peak rpm.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I would represent the thrust value with the associated rpm. The rpm value I supplied was "peak" for the ambient conditions I was in at the time and could be misleading. The 7200 was that peak value. The thrust was measured at 7000rpm. I always rich the high needle a couple hundred rpm after establishing peak rpm.

That will an issue as the data on those pages is aggregated and to culminate two different pieces of data into one box will be too much for googledocs to handle, does the Thrust change much from Max RPM and measured Max Thrust?, I could add a note on the bottom advising that "Please note thrust figures are an average of maximum thrust submitted and not related to Max RPM shown"