• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26 ARF 50-60cc

Bdegan

50cc
sparkx38;7545 wrote: Very nice! Curious to see how many pilots end up flying this beauty. What's next Terry?

This airframe has been out for a few years. Around 4 years or so.. I think.

Ryan from PAU was flying the first one with an MT-57 when the MT-57 first came out.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i'm not usually a big fan of round engine RC planes without the metal of a big round engine filling the cowl but that's a great looking airplane! i was drooling before i even saw the stickers!

It's a pretty killer example of a build thread too, fwiw.

i'm so screwed, hanging out here every day.....i'm going to have a basement full of planes again soon! :upset: I'll be powerless to stop it!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Terryscustom;7517 wrote: 3 scratch builds, 1 kit and 4 ARF's, but who's counting???

Oh my!

I still say you have a room in your shop full of Chinese emigrants pumping them out for you.:smile-new:

The airplane looks great. I've always liked Sukhoi's, it's a great looking airframe.

Ant

50cc
Sweet! I will look hard at PAU for my next arf. Couple guys were flying them Sunday, nice planes for sure.

sparkx38

50cc
Bdegan;7576 wrote: This airframe has been out for a few years. Around 4 years or so.. I think.

Ryan from PAU was flying the first one with an MT-57 when the MT-57 first came out.

Yeah I assumed it had been around for a while. I was referring to Terry sharing it where ever he may take it via a buddy box. I think that's a pretty awesome idea and good way for other pilots to check out the model hands on. Two thumbs up to who ever came up with the idea.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Ant;7631 wrote: Sweet! I will look hard at PAU for my next arf. Couple guys were flying them Sunday, nice planes for sure.

Ant, I'll tell you what sold me. I've built planes from just about every manufacturer short of composites and small electrics. As mentioned earlier I like the scale looks of the PAU but when I got my first Edge (old version) it quickly became a 3D trainer for me and did not leave my trailer for an entire year. I don't know how many hundred flights I put on it but I was at the Kansas City Huckfest and was really pounding on it when it was already more than a year old. I did a full throttle blender from the clouds and snapped BOTH pull-pull cables and absolutely NO structural damage. Field repaired the cables and flew three more days. I've since sold it and it's still flying today. I've since been beating on my 120cc Edge (new version) and it's even better!! I'll be doing some night flying with smoke on that one this weekend at the BH huckfest.

sparkx38;7637 wrote: Two thumbs up to who ever came up with the idea.

Thanks!!! I just thought it would be a fun twist, and we have a few major events to attend yet this season in the midwest including three Huckfests.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
Bdegan;7576 wrote: This airframe has been out for a few years. Around 4 years or so.. I think.

He was, spark plug would not stay in the cylinder head on that engine.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Ant;7631 wrote: Sweet! I will look hard at PAU for my next arf. Couple guys were flying them Sunday, nice planes for sure.

I just ran the DLE61 and it has to be the smoothest single cylinder engine I've seen new out of the box. Little tuning done and sounds great, but maiden will be Thursday at the Black Hills Huckfest. Pics and videos from there!!