• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26 ARF 50-60cc

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I do have spoilerons programmed as I do in all my planes but I think I only used them once or twice to see how the plane would tumble.

We got a couple of vides but this one it was just barely starting to sprinkle so we took it up to get a couple of quick trim passes. I'll sorth through the other vids and load up later.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
angelob;11050 wrote: What a beautiful plane! I need one of these - maybe over winter.

I've been pretty surprised that out of 15 people flying this weekend (from 3D guy's on high rates, to IMAC

guy's and just regular flying around guy's) nobody was able to tip stall it. It is so short compared to most planes out right now but crazy stable. Hey, and check it out....just about everyone that got to fly it is a GSN member:

Crashflow

Kkrogh

Aarestor

Balsa

Yakman

Cass

ToolJoint (still going to sing up from FG)

Riley Cassidy (DJ running the mic, great pilot too!!)

Aerocowboy82

Green_myst

Zimm98

Monster Energy

Kbaerg

Schuurmanator

TheLAW

SteveT.

100cc
Ok...first, let me preface this by saying please do not think I am knocking anybodies skill as a pilot, nor the plane, in any way, shape, form, or fashion, but I really would love to have one of these beautiful planes, but...at this time, I haven't seen any 3D flying done with one. While I am not at this time a competent 3D flier (I'm 63 years old, and learned to fly when the old axioms "speed and altitude are your friend" and "fly three mistakes high" were the standard sayings), I am trying to learn some 3D, and would not want to buy a plane that might hinder my attempts. So...since you say that some guys did fly 3D with it, how did it fly in the hands of some good 3D fliers?

Again, not saying anything negative at all, just asking a question.

And...fully decked out, what is the AUW? Right now I have an 89" Slick with a Hacker Q80-8M in it, and it flies great, and would probably use the same power system (I don't fly gas, as having very bad knees, it is just too difficult for me.)

Thanks

SteveT.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Steve, What would you like to see it do the most?? We are going to another three day event this weekend and will be doing more video, pics and test flights. I'll make sure to get some vids of what you like, or would like to learn. It excels and nearly anything stalled out but is really fun to do rollers and harriers.

I also have the full maiden video that I will upload tonight and I flew most of the flight at least a mistake or two high so you can see the flight envelope a little more. We are also going to have a friend of mine that is a sponsored pilot for another company that is way better than me do a little demo and we'll video that.

All up weight the way I have it is 17lb. and change. I need another couple of ounces on the nose so I'm going to go from life to actual A123 cells and mount them on the engine box which should be about perfect. I will get another weight for you once that is done. I'm also going to a 24x8 Falcon wood prop for a little more load. Right now everyone that flew it was at 1/4 - 1/3 throttle which was PLENTY fast. It hovers at half throttle with the DLE61.

SteveT.

100cc
Hi my friend...

Thanks for replying. I would just like to see some tumbles, flat spins (right side up and inverted if possible), maybe a knife edge spin, pop-top etc..just the basic stuff, which is pretty much the extent of what I can do...:D :D

And again, I meant nothing by asking these questions, as with most people, I just have to watch my dollars these days...and modeling isn't cheap, especially once you reach this size plane...

SteveT.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey no problem Steve, I have a wife that is always shooting pics and vids. Here is the full maiden flight from this weekend which is just mostly flying around and getting acquainted with the Sukhoi. After about the 3:00 mark there is a mild pop top, part of a KE spin (camera glare issue) and some rollers and fully stalled harrier flight inverted and upright. I'll get some much more impressive flight vids this weekend.

SteveT.

100cc
Thank you sir!!!

And, I finally got a chance to watch this video, and looks like it (and you) are quite capable...:D :D

SteveT.